Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2022, 11:01 AM   #1

Powersportsmax Shipping Experience

Hey guys. I ordered a Templar X from Powersportsmax on Nov. 4 and I thought I would share my experience with shipping. I have read several posts from people that have not been able to track their order during shipment. R&L transport was the trucking company that Powersportsmax used for my order. I think R&L does just about all of the shipping for them. Powersportsmax was great about keeping me informed as to the status of my order while it was being processed through their warehouse. The day my bike was shipped Powersportsmax sent me an email with all of my order information including who the shipper was and a tracking number. They also listed a website that I could use to track my order. (www.gorlc.com). This site seemed hard to navigate so I copied the tracking number and went directly to the R&L site. There I was able to see exactly when my order was picked up and a projected delivery date. While I was there I got a pop up on my IPhone suggesting I track my order using AfterShip. It was free so I downloaded it. So far this seems to be very cool. AfterShip gives me the ability to track where my order is on a map. I have only been using this app but a few hours. But I think it is tracking my order in real time. I am going to try and include a pic of the actual map and beacon.
I just wanted to share my experience with you guys in hopes that it will help others with future orders. Tracking Freight shipments can sometimes be frustrating. Especially when you get no information during transport.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7227C731-8519-42A1-8C3F-1AEB59B68358.jpeg (162.2 KB, 320 views)

Old 11-08-2022, 12:19 PM   #2

That is cool. I recall reading the tracking updates to see where it was as well.. it was amazing how within a week of placing the order i had the bike. It seems though that the delivered product varies with regards to condition depending on luck. Mine came in perfect condition, wrapped and packed great but not everyone shares that experience. its just luck of the draw. hopefully yours arrives in perfect condition as well

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 11-08-2022, 12:27 PM   #3

I didn’t catch the aftership app notice. What I can say is I tried the main R+L link in the email and it detected I was on my phone and asked if I wanted to use the mobile version of their app tool. I said yes/ok and it loaded a mobile web page and instantly the first box on the screen was paste in your order tracking number. I did that and instantly updated. Mine says expect a deliver on Nov 11. I told them I have no real preference of black or orange. They said they would send black. Fingers crossed for both of us on condition upon arrival.

Old 11-08-2022, 02:05 PM   #4

I had the same experience with Powersportsmax. Bike was delivered in excellent condition a week after placing my order and I've since put 2,000 trouble-free miles on it. Very happy with my purchase!

Old 11-08-2022, 03:53 PM   #5

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
That is cool. I recall reading the tracking updates to see where it was as well.. it was amazing how within a week of placing the order i had the bike. It seems though that the delivered product varies with regards to condition depending on luck. Mine came in perfect condition, wrapped and packed great but not everyone shares that experience. its just luck of the draw. hopefully yours arrives in perfect condition as well
It is amazing. Super fast. You are right. It is pretty much luck as to what condition it arrives in. I really wish that shipping companies would use more care in handling freight. Accidents happen. But I’m afraid most of the time it’s just lack of motivation to do things right. Thank you!

Old 11-08-2022, 03:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
I didn’t catch the aftership app notice. What I can say is I tried the main R+L link in the email and it detected I was on my phone and asked if I wanted to use the mobile version of their app tool. I said yes/ok and it loaded a mobile web page and instantly the first box on the screen was paste in your order tracking number. I did that and instantly updated. Mine says expect a deliver on Nov 11. I told them I have no real preference of black or orange. They said they would send black. Fingers crossed for both of us on condition upon arrival.
After looking back at AfterShip. It’s not tracking in real time. It makes you think it is because the location of the last pickup Point is blinking on the map. But it’s still good tracking info. I have a Nov. 15 arrival date. Good luck to you too! Thanks.

Old 11-08-2022, 03:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimS View Post
I had the same experience with Powersportsmax. Bike was delivered in excellent condition a week after placing my order and I've since put 2,000 trouble-free miles on it. Very happy with my purchase!
That’s great to hear! So far my experience with them has been great.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:04 PM   #8

It is not real time. It’s more like post office tracking. I didn’t get any updates after it shipped until today. At 8am it arrived in Dallas. However it still has the delivery date set for Friday so my best guess it’s been unloaded (forklift?) and will get loaded (forklift?) on a separate truck on Friday for delivery.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:34 PM   #9

Wink

Quote:
It is not real time. It’s more like post office tracking. I didn’t get any updates after it shipped until today. At 8am it arrived in Dallas. However it still has the delivery date set for Friday so my best guess it’s been unloaded (forklift?) and will get loaded (forklift?) on a separate truck on Friday for delivery.
I called R&L this evening for the heck of it. And the operator was able to tell me that mine will arrive in Memphis tonight at 10. That’s only 140 miles from the house. But my delivery date still say’s Tuesday the 15th. Hoping they might get it out to me by Friday. Praying for good forklift drivers.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:05 AM   #10

Yes and great news there. I just did the tracking again and to my surprise at 2am it is was updated to “transporting to destination terminal” so at least two more estimated forklift operations involved.

Old 11-10-2022, 09:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Yes and great news there. I just did the tracking again and to my surprise at 2am it is was updated to “transporting to destination terminal” so at least two more estimated forklift operations involved.
Awesome! Let me know when they deliver yours and if they gave you a call before delivery. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren’t early. When I talked to the R&L person yesterday. I asked if the driver would give me call on the day of delivery. She said, probably not. They would just leave it if no one was home. I’m going to say that will pretty much nullify the refused shipment option if it’s damaged too bad. I’m going to call the Memphis terminal today and see if they can tell me what day they will be delivering. I’m going to try and be there if I absolutely can.

Old 11-10-2022, 11:07 AM   #12

I rang through this morning. They told me they won't know the driver at the delivery terminal until some time on the day of the delivery. I also got the information that they won't call ahead and that they will just leave the delivery if no one is home.

Old 11-10-2022, 11:35 AM   #13

Quote:
I rang through this morning. They told me they won't know the driver at the delivery terminal until some time on the day of the delivery. I also got the information that they won't call ahead and that they will just leave the delivery if no one is home.
I called the Birmingham, AL terminal and they said that I should receive my freight on Monday. Which is a day before the initial delivery date of Tuesday. I asked again if I would get a call before delivery. She said normally no, but she could make a note for the driver to call me 1 hour before delivery and he would call. So we will see. I have to say, everyone I have spoken to at R&L has been very nice and accommodating. If my bike comes in good shape I will have to give this whole process 5 stars.

Old 11-10-2022, 02:54 PM   #14

Exclamation

I definitely got a heads-up phone call (R&L driver called me) about 30 minutes before delivery time. The is the Kansas city office, but I got the impression that this is standard practice at all R&L depot's. I am surprised to hear this isn't the case

The first bike (5 speed) had crate frame damage and oil spilled on it. Minor scratches to front fender in mounting area (invisible). The 6 speed crate arrived in perfect condition.

Old 11-10-2022, 04:38 PM   #15

I was surprised too. I was expecting a call and wanted to put the office number or drivers number in my phone to make sure it comes up on the display so I know to take the call right away.

Let's hope the deliver goes better than my eBay carb jet kit. I got text notification from USPS they delivered my jets to my mailbox. I went to my mailbox after getting the message and only two letters and no jet kit package. Now I have forms in with USPS and all the run around having to contact the seller on eBay to let them know that USPS likely lost or mis-delivered the order. Someone will get carb jets today, lets hope they don't decide to keep them or toss the mail in the trash thinking its junk mail or not their mail.