Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2006, 06:40 PM   #31

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Cool! When you get it out on the road (and off-road), put it through it's paces and let me know what you think. So, what does the wife think?

Old 12-27-2006, 12:03 PM   #32

She was suprisingly volatile about the big bike. Didn't buy into the santa note one bit!
X-mas day here was cold and raining, the day after we got out and rode some. My boy was a little scared of his bike but I got him riding back and forth on a long gravel driveway, first in 2nd gear only, then shifting into third. I got him to where he could come to a stop pulling in the clutch and using brakes, then taking back off with the clutch.
No problems with the little Lifan 100 except the cheap chinese tube gave out after my son's first ride. The valve stem tore off making the tube un-fixable. Called around, found a new tube and got it replaced.
I rode my bike more, have put around 60Km (the speedo is KPH) on it so far. I began to notice a clacking sound when I came to a stop, didn't realize what it was at first, then noticed that one of the bolts that holds on my front brake was gone, allowing the brake to rotate forward and slam into the fork leg. A quick trip to Lowes last night found me a couple replacement bolts, could only find allen head with the correct thread, and some lock washers. Got them replaced and loctighted, should be good to go now. I am going to spend some time today going over both bikes some. The Tank continues to run well, I have ridden it on some trails and found the gearing to be more street oriented, a little too tall for tight woods trails. After three tries, I was able to climb a fairly steep wooded hill. Had a lot of fun, the bikes are very muddy now and no longer look new. Reading the Tank/Zongshen owners manual I will be in break-in for a total of 1000 kms! That is a long break in.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:53 PM   #33

Here is the dirty Tank

and the new front brake bolts

Old 12-27-2006, 03:25 PM   #34

Here is the boy on his Lifan, he gets better riding by the day.

And another shot of him. We rode for about an hour today, Got the Tank odometer up to 72 Kms now.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:02 PM   #35

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Glad to hear you're still alive, dude. Your son looks like he's having fun there. Funny how things are. When I got my bike, the dealer called to tell me the front brake pad on the left side wasn't shipped. So I had to pay him for one. The distributor that I got the bike from is sending me a new one. They won't reimburse the $33 bucks it cost me! Oh, well. We have another blizzard coming in tomorrow, so it may be a week before I'm in the saddle again. Hey, good luck with those bikes, man. At least you got a manual!

Old 12-27-2006, 11:52 PM   #36

During set-up I found that the Lifan's front wheel was rubbing the right brake pad. The only fix I could find was to use some precision washers to shim the wheel over just a touch. That worked good. I need to check and make sure the tank front wheel is rolling freely.
The Tank 200 is great, motor sounds good, runs strong. I am starting to get some jingly noise right now, something towards the front has probably come loose. I am going to ride it over the weekend then take it back by the dealer. He has arranged for DMV to come back by and inspect it. Then, hopefully, I will get my tag.
Here is another pic of my son on the Lifan

Old 12-27-2006, 11:54 PM   #37

Here is the plastic tank cover on the Tank 200Gy that cracked. The dealer said he could get it replaced.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:30 AM   #38

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Wow. Hey, bud...hope you get everything taken care of. How close is the dealer? Mine was 108 miles away. If I have a problem, that would be a nice little haul. Actually, a new dealer opened up thats about 93 miles away. Only problem is, they sell Tank scooters. Not sure if they've ever worked on a Tank motorcycle before. I'll do whatever wrenching I need to, but if it's a warranty issue, I just want to make sure I'm covered. I got all the paperwork filed, so hopefully I won't have any problems.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:46 AM   #39

He is only about 10 minutes away. I am only waiting till after the weekend so I can ride it all weekend.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:44 PM   #40

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Hey, deputygene...did you get over to the dealers? Well, the tons of snow is finally clearing out here. Hopefully, I can go for a quick spin Mon or Tues and also get some pics up. We'll see..

Old 12-30-2006, 11:12 PM   #41

No, he, the dealer called fri, said he could get the tank covers replaced. I am going to take it back to him tues so DMV can come inspect it at his place. I wanted to keep it over the weekend so me and my son can keep riding. He is getting better and better. We ride for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours per day on some nearby paths. We have been putting on 20-30 km's per day. I am up to 127kms now. Break-in for the Tank is 1000 kms. That will be a lot of trail riding and a lot of fun. We have a national forrest nearby with off-road vehicle trails, I want to take the bikes there after my son get's some more saddle time.

Old 12-31-2006, 01:36 AM   #42

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Sounds cool, dude. Hope you guys have a great time riding together and everything else is taken care of. Hey, bud...have a good New Year. Me? I'm just itching for the snow to melt!

Old 01-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #43

Send a message via MSN to BCrider
Tank Vision Motorcycles

Hi deputygene I am in Hickory where is the Dealer that you got your bike there is no body around here that handles the China Bikes. I have a Lifan GY200 what other bikes does he handle??

Old 01-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #44

The business is MOTTS POWERSPORTS in Spencer (704-636-9900). He carries a lot of scooters, 4 wheelers, and pocket bikes. Just a few dirtbikes and dual sports. He had a lot of Red Cat (Which he says is Lifan produced) stuff, Tank, SUNL and I am sure a couple brands I forgot. He is looking at becoming a Hyosung dealer also. I talked to him a lot about getting me a Lifan dual sport, then he put the Tank bikes on sale and I went with that after a test ride. I felt a lot better about the Tank when I found out it has a Zong Shen motor.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:10 PM   #45

I got the bike up to the dealers. He has already ordered the new tank plastics. Should be in first of the week. Hopefully the DMV guys will get by there also.