Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2015, 02:47 PM   #1

Ride up Mt Rainier on the RX-3

If you have never seen Mt Rainier before...you are missing out. It has to be
the most impressive looking mountain in person that you'll see in the 50 states. Im biased but I challenge anyone to prove me wrong with a picture because at a height of 14,400, and the surrounding area all at 0-500 elevation, its pretty incredible to see an almost 3 mile wall of ice and rock looming over an entire region. Anyway...so my buddy was visiting from Dallas and wanted to experience some mountain roads and real Washington riding, since he basically lives on a giant pancake. So I took him up to the highest road in the state at elevation 6500 ft to a place called Sunrise. Basically takes you to the top of the treeline. Pretty incredible ride. I rode my triumph triple most of the time and he rode my RX3 and we both had an amazing time. The RX3 did awesome up steep grade and it excelled in the corners. Tires are great engine is great gas mileage was great power was more than enough. Just an overall fun day and a great ride. Miles and miles of twisties and switchbacks through old growth forests. Heres some of the highlights