Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2021, 01:17 PM   #16

The Front plastic forks guards are now white plastic rather than the black used back in 2020. The fuel gauge was moved from the round part of the speedo to right side making it larger and they fix the engine light went from being a yellow lens that looked like it was always on to a hidden backlit light.

Old 08-11-2021, 05:50 PM   #17

Doh! 2017 Hawk DLX (doesn't exist)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR_Sprocket View Post
End of July 2021 I bought a DLX from powersportsmax.com (MaxPro). I assumed that the bike would be a 2021 model. I sadly found out that the VIN decodes to a 2017 Hawk. When I asked MaxPro about this I got the story that "nothing has changed since 2017". Is that true?
Thanks go out to Stewbrash, Bruces, and Nine0093 for providing clarity on this sub-topic. Per Nine0093's post, I do indeed have a 2021 bike as the fork guards are white and the MIL isn't obvious except when intentionally illuminated.

When I wrote my original post I hadn't yet received the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO) from Powersports Max. It arrived a day or two later and allowed me to both title and register the bike in New York. Both the MCO and NYS DMV also say that that the bike is indeed a 2021.

I was going by Geico's VIN database which is a lacking a bit. It spit back 2017 for my VIN and didn't balk with I entered "Haosen" as the manufacturer.

BTW the MCO states that the manufacturer for the DLX EFI is actually "Liyang". My 2015 (and perhaps all non-DLX models?) was made by "Haosen".
2017 TaoTao CY50-B scooter 79cc big bore kit - 45 MPH! (sold)
2015 Haosen Hawk (sold)
2002 Honda XR100R - project bike almost done.
2013 V-Strom 650 Adventure (sold )-:

If I listed every bike that I've ever owned you'd either
1) Get bored
2) Be somewhat envious, or
3) Wonder: "What's wrong with that guy?"

Old 08-12-2021, 10:02 AM   #18

I also have the surging bucking when cold, backfiring after slowing down,I had a lot of stalling problems at red lights when starting out , it’s better because I raised the idle, also noticed the front brake sweep issues,, and my neutral light stays on or flashes

Old 08-14-2021, 04:36 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiser23 View Post
I also have the surging bucking when cold, backfiring after slowing down,I had a lot of stalling problems at red lights when starting out , it’s better because I raised the idle, also noticed the front brake sweep issues,, and my neutral light stays on or flashes
Did you contact the seller that you bought your bike from regarding the problems? I don't know what is covered, but but my DLX is supposed to come with a 90 day warranty.

With about 20 miles on the odometer my DLX stalls when cold. Even after loosening the lock nut the idle screw is frozen in place. It looks like super glue was used instead of loc-tite. Was yours difficult to move?
2017 TaoTao CY50-B scooter 79cc big bore kit - 45 MPH! (sold)
2015 Haosen Hawk (sold)
2002 Honda XR100R - project bike almost done.
2013 V-Strom 650 Adventure (sold )-:

If I listed every bike that I've ever owned you'd either
1) Get bored
2) Be somewhat envious, or
3) Wonder: "What's wrong with that guy?"

Old 08-14-2021, 04:31 PM   #20

Guys on the fork neck right side, my bike that came in April says 12-20 as the manufacturer date. Another thing it has white fork guards that came with it that I didn't install. My thoughts. Oh And I'm talking about a Hawk DLX

Old 08-14-2021, 04:46 PM   #21

Another thing do your valve adjustments first or everyone seems to think that is the major problem. Just thinking out loud these bikes sit with fuel in their tanks for along ride from China. Maybe the fuel could be an issue for some? Especially with such low miles! Again just my thoughts

Old 08-22-2021, 07:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR_Sprocket View Post
Did you contact the seller that you bought your bike from regarding the problems? I don't know what is covered, but but my DLX is supposed to come with a 90 day warranty.

With about 20 miles on the odometer my DLX stalls when cold. Even after loosening the lock nut the idle screw is frozen in place. It looks like super glue was used instead of loc-tite. Was yours difficult to move?

I didn’t see you post yes idle screw had loctite on it but the stalling problem was a bitch , and it solved my problem