Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2021, 07:35 PM   #1

Brozz 250 leans over too far when on sidestand

So I recently got a Brozz 250 and the kickstand lets the bike lean over -- way over to the point it has fallen over once and I have to carry a 2x4 block around just to get it to sit where I think it should.

The nut and bolt is tight so I'm at a loss to on what to do.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:16 PM   #2

It's probably bent, if you heat it up with a torch, you should be able to bend it back.

Old 09-09-2021, 05:51 AM   #3

It could be that someone has replaced the rear shock with a longer one, but most likely the stand or the bracket that holds it somehow got bent.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 09-10-2021, 12:52 AM   #4

There are generic adjustable side stands on e-bay.

Or you could cut it, add a sleeve section and weld it up. In a non stress application like this you could probably fuse it all together with JB Weld if you can't weld.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:37 AM   #5

On another site, a new Brozz had the same problem and fell over causing some damage to both the shifter and clutch lever.

Old 09-10-2021, 02:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician16 View Post
On another site, a new Brozz had the same problem and fell over causing some damage to both the shifter and clutch lever.
What??? Theres other sites? Lol
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 09-10-2021, 02:37 PM   #7

When I was going to buy my Hawk DLX earlier this year the dealer had pictures of a Hawk DLX bike with a 2x4 laying flat under the kickstand? My bike is right here in front of me and doesn't need that spacer block. Could there be a kickstand mixup at the factory between there bikes?

Old 09-11-2021, 01:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Hufnagel View Post
So I recently got a Brozz 250 and the kickstand lets the bike lean over -- way over to the point it has fallen over once and I have to carry a 2x4 block around just to get it to sit where I think it should.

The nut and bolt is tight so I'm at a loss to on what to do.
The majority of online Hawk photos show a 2x4 chunk underneath the side stand for this exact reason (side stand is too short). On my 2015 Hawk I leaned the bike up against a tree and put it in 1st gear to prevent it from rolling. I then removed the side stand and heated the frame mount/boss with a Mapp gas torch until it glowed red. Then I used a BF crescent wrench from Harbor Freight to GENTLY bend the boss down toward the ground. I had to reinstall the side stand for test fit and repeat a few times until I got it right. A wire brush took the burnt paint off and I primed then painted my handiwork. Either a Motion Pro spring hook or a pair of brake spring pliers will help get the stiff springs back in place without losing skin on your knuckles.

My 2021 Hawk DLX had the exact same problem (side stand too short). In this case I installed a shorter (280 mm) rear shock and then raised the forks about an inch past the top of the triple tree brackets. That lowered the bike enough that it leans at the proper angle with the side stand down. It also allows me to have both feet on the ground at a stop light
2017 TaoTao CY50-B scooter 79cc big bore kit - 45 MPH! (sold)
2015 Haosen Hawk (sold)
2002 Honda XR100R - project bike almost done.
2013 V-Strom 650 Adventure (sold )-:

If I listed every bike that I've ever owned you'd either
1) Get bored
2) Be somewhat envious, or
3) Wonder: "What's wrong with that guy?"

Last edited by CSR_Sprocket; 09-11-2021 at 11:00 PM.

Old 09-11-2021, 04:24 PM   #9

Just a thought here, my Hawk DLX kickstand is 13.5" from center of attachment bolt to ground, following the center of the shaft with the tape measure. One other thing it's not to long it's perfect. Adding a 2x4 flat wise seems like your stand would be to short?

Old 09-11-2021, 11:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Fun View Post
Just a thought here, my Hawk DLX kickstand is 13.5" from center of attachment bolt to ground, following the center of the shaft with the tape measure. One other thing it's not to long it's perfect. Adding a 2x4 flat wise seems like your stand would be to short?
You are correct: the side stands tend to be too short, not too long.

I edited my post that is just above yours to reflect this. Thanks for catching my error.

Corry
2017 TaoTao CY50-B scooter 79cc big bore kit - 45 MPH! (sold)
2015 Haosen Hawk (sold)
2002 Honda XR100R - project bike almost done.
2013 V-Strom 650 Adventure (sold )-:

If I listed every bike that I've ever owned you'd either
1) Get bored
2) Be somewhat envious, or
3) Wonder: "What's wrong with that guy?"

Old 09-17-2021, 02:35 PM   #11

Ahh well it fell over in a convenience store lot the other day. I didn't have the 2x4 with me. Bent shifter and snapped clutch lever. ugh.

Old 09-17-2021, 02:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR_Sprocket View Post
The majority of online Hawk photos show a 2x4 chunk underneath the side stand for this exact reason (side stand is too short). On my 2015 Hawk I leaned the bike up against a tree and put it in 1st gear to prevent it from rolling. I then removed the side stand and heated the frame mount/boss with a Mapp gas torch until it glowed red. Then I used a BF crescent wrench from Harbor Freight to GENTLY bend the boss down toward the ground. I had to reinstall the side stand for test fit and repeat a few times until I got it right. A wire brush took the burnt paint off and I primed then painted my handiwork. Either a Motion Pro spring hook or a pair of brake spring pliers will help get the stiff springs back in place without losing skin on your knuckles.

My 2021 Hawk DLX had the exact same problem (side stand too short). In this case I installed a shorter (280 mm) rear shock and then raised the forks about an inch past the top of the triple tree brackets. That lowered the bike enough that it leans at the proper angle with the side stand down. It also allows me to have both feet on the ground at a stop light
By 'boss' you mean the tab that has the bolt hole in it correct? thank you for the details above.

Old 09-20-2021, 01:48 PM   #13

When I was going to buy my Hawk DLX earlier this year the dealer had pictures of a Hawk DLX bike with a 2x4 laying flat under the kickstand?

My bike is right here in front of me and doesn't need that spacer block.

Could there be a kickstand mixup at the factory between there bikes?

Old 09-20-2021, 05:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelybrown View Post
When I was going to buy my Hawk DLX earlier this year the dealer had pictures of a Hawk DLX bike with a 2x4 laying flat under the kickstand?

My bike is right here in front of me and doesn't need that spacer block.

Could there be a kickstand mixup at the factory between there bikes?
Not sure but my brozz cannot stand on it's own with any security. It needs my little 2x4 spacer.

Old 09-20-2021, 07:24 PM   #15

My CSC TT250 also leans almost too far. Have a 2x4 handy in the garage. These frames look so similar in pictures. Is there another company that just makes a generic frame for all these China manufacturers?