Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 11:43 PM   #1

anyone know anything about motorxtreme??

This company has a number of listings on Ebay now and a good feedback record so far. Just wondered if anyone has done business with them. I'd like to pick up one of these "china bikes" to be able to take a break from my bigger bikes but it looks like you have to be very wary of some of these sellers......... :?
http://motorxtremes.com/

Old 02-09-2007, 11:46 AM   #2

Someone on the ChinaBikes Group on Yahoo just bought 2 bikes from them, his friend bought one, and 2 ATVs, and seem to like them so far. They are a distributor for an up and coming company called Hi-Bird. The Hi Bird bikes are straightforward design with drum rear brake, and standard forks.

Member RPM from this group has a shop in Miss. that sells them (he doesn't mail order whole bikes :( ) and has said they are a good bike for the money.

Motorxtremes seem to be on the up and up, and apparently will let you pick up the bike locally without incurring any additonal costs or fees, but you will have to put it together. The guy on ChinaBikes said that they were good to buy from, but he did buy locally as he lives in OK near OK City.

Mail ordering does give you some risk from shipping damage, a bike that you have to put together and know what you are doing, and the MCO issues that have plagued several members who wanted to street register their bikes. If you accept these risks as your own, then Motorxtremes should be fine to work with.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #3

Hmmm.. sounds like they may be ok then. I can deal with shipping risks, I have to cuz theres no one near here that sells them. I was a motorcycle tech for 23 years so assembly isn't an issue and hopefully getting the MCO won't be a problem........