Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2023, 09:38 PM   #1

trailmaster mb200-2

I got the tm200 late this afternoon, took about 1 and a half hours to put together most of that was looking for tools, some of which I didn't find. I only got to ride it a mile or so but it started on the first try and runs pretty good. The little I rode it was quite fun even though I was a little concerned about not having a tail light. the stock headlight is anemic, I have some led's that I hope perform better for the short term but I will be adding a battery and led lights soon.
the ride reminds me somewhat of the trail 70 and the front and rear suspension feels good based on the short ride in and out of ditches.

The fuel line had never been tied to the carb so I got a quart of gas in the shop floor while trying to get the line on without pulling the air filter housing but once that was taken care of she started on the first pull. while riding it I heard a couple of clunks as the rpms came up so I checked the drive and driven and rechecked the chain and everything seems jam up and jelly tight, I am going to email the dealer tomorrow, I have never owned anything with a cvt drive before and I am hoping it is just part of the break in.
I think I am really going to like this rig and I think with a stage one mod it will fit me just about right.
Thanks for reading,
Creek.

Old 04-10-2023, 09:20 AM   #2

This looks like a good ranch and farm tool, good for checking the fences and just getting around to check on livestock. You could also expand the rack for toting equipment and tools.

Old 04-10-2023, 11:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
This looks like a good ranch and farm tool, good for checking the fences and just getting around to check on livestock. You could also expand the rack for toting equipment and tools.
It probably would serve well for that but the suspension is way over rated and needs some upgrading. so far on flat pavement I have got it up to 34 miles per hour, based on what the brozz did on break in I think it will probably make the 40 mile per hour claim, which isn't needed, it will already outrun the suspension capability. Just like with the recon the terrain keeps me down to 10 or 15 miles per hour most of the time.
despite working on it every day, sometimes twice a day I have had a lot of fun on it and the grandkids loved it yesterday. My old mind is slipping though, I was looking at the slack chain while they were riding it and told the oldest that I had just adjusted the chain the afternoon before and then late last night it dawned on me that I didn't tighten the axle nuts back down. time for check lists I guess.
It is a nice little bike for someone who wants something for relaxing woods / trail rides. The issues have been small thus far, chain guard came off, pull start spring broke, lost the kick stand spring, cheap chain has to be adjusted at least once a day and a cracked fender, my fault. I will eventually put motorcycle fenders on it.
Thanks for looking Thumper, I had given up.