Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2022, 07:12 PM   #16

Crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Fun View Post
A thought here, what a great grandpa to give such a nice gift to a 13 year old! I think maybe protective gear would be the best choice now. Maybe Dad and Mom could really finish off that nice gift. Just thinking ouloud and remembering more than 50+ years back and not even wearing a helmet. Good gear and training, that 13 year old will get along just fine with that bike������
Oh yeah. His Mom and Dad are getting him fixed up with riding gear. He will look like a hockey goalie trying to ride that bike! (:
Pro Taper Grips
125 main 45 pilot jets
42 tooth rear sprocket
2010 Yamaha Vstar 1100 Silver Star

Old 12-21-2022, 09:37 AM   #17

Come on, J4Fun - we also didn’t wear seatbelts and we convinced out little kid brothers to eat dirt because we thought it was funny - and there was no warning label on dirt at that time. I am soooooo looking for to video of this kid and their new bike - it’s going to be grandpa fumbling with his phone, cursing, and aging something like, Well… there they go… as the kid rides off into the woods never to be seen again. And then we will have grandpa leaving plates of food on a stump at the edge of the forest, every few days, trying to lure the kid our, setting up those wildlife cameras. The legend of BigBore, the kid who got a 150cc bike for Xmas and oooooooooweeee! headed off to go ride the hell out of it.

Old 12-21-2022, 12:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen216 View Post
Come on, J4Fun - we also didn’t wear seatbelts and we convinced out little kid brothers to eat dirt because we thought it was funny - and there was no warning label on dirt at that time. I am soooooo looking for to video of this kid and their new bike - it’s going to be grandpa fumbling with his phone, cursing, and aging something like, Well… there they go… as the kid rides off into the woods never to be seen again. And then we will have grandpa leaving plates of food on a stump at the edge of the forest, every few days, trying to lure the kid our, setting up those wildlife cameras. The legend of BigBore, the kid who got a 150cc bike for Xmas and oooooooooweeee! headed off to go ride the hell out of it.
Lol!! I’m gonna video his first ride and I promise I will post it in all its glory! Lol! Hopefully it won’t be too painful!
Pro Taper Grips
125 main 45 pilot jets
42 tooth rear sprocket

Old 12-21-2022, 01:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hap View Post
Lol!! I’m gonna video his first ride and I promise I will post it in all its glory! Lol! Hopefully it won’t be too painful!
For your grandson's inspiration.....

1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 12-21-2022, 03:40 PM   #20

I like to consider myself a competent adult, making good decisions and all But dirt bikes just get dumped unless you always want the tires to be fully planted and never skidding. Oh, and if I can't resist, then I don't expect my son to resist the temptation either! In fact, I encourage him to break it loose and learn to slide into turns, lift the front tire, jump on the next lip!

I was thinking sprockets early on in reading this thread. I agree. Tell him that learning to wheelie off road, and climb rocky pitches will improve his bike handling skills and help him survive when he is faced with a car in front of him sideways when he is negotiating the pavement. THAT is where these skills really pay off

But forward this link to him

Old 12-21-2022, 04:56 PM   #21

I love when, at the last possible moment, the rider declares, “No,” with singular absolutism.
Also, that one dude had a man-bun, so…

Old 12-23-2022, 10:01 AM   #22

Is it today? Is it today? Huh? HUH?

Old 12-23-2022, 10:44 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen216 View Post
Is it today? Is it today? Huh? HUH?
Lol! Santa Clause is bringing it Sunday morning!
Pro Taper Grips
125 main 45 pilot jets
42 tooth rear sprocket

Old 12-23-2022, 10:56 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I like to consider myself a competent adult, making good decisions and all But dirt bikes just get dumped unless you always want the tires to be fully planted and never skidding. Oh, and if I can't resist, then I don't expect my son to resist the temptation either! In fact, I encourage him to break it loose and learn to slide into turns, lift the front tire, jump on the next lip!

I was thinking sprockets early on in reading this thread. I agree. Tell him that learning to wheelie off road, and climb rocky pitches will improve his bike handling skills and help him survive when he is faced with a car in front of him sideways when he is negotiating the pavement. THAT is where these skills really pay off

But forward this link to him
Straight up truth, Thumper!
Pro Taper Grips
125 main 45 pilot jets
42 tooth rear sprocket

Old 12-24-2022, 02:54 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hap View Post
Lol! Santa Clause is bringing it Sunday morning!
Holy, sh*t - what is today? Is today Sunday? Is today... June?

Come on, man - you're bringing days of the week into the conversation? Next, you're gonna start writing things in cursive. At our ages, who uses days of the week anymore?
Oh, Mr. Fancy Pants - he's getting it on Sunday, adding abstract physicsy math to the conversation.
Sunday - is that even real?
Next, you're gonna try and convince us of other things, like it's not 5 o'clock somewhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_pbtfhlcWGT1r3bmeoo1_500.jpg (108.7 KB, 51 views)

Old 12-25-2022, 05:44 AM   #26

It’s Sunday.