Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2024, 10:25 PM   #1

So Many Hawk Issues!

Let me tell you about my Hawk X 250 experience. I purchased a new, 2024 Hawk X 250, carbureted, put together by the US distributor and shipped to me in January 2024. Cost: about $1,950, which included a break in period, Nibbi carb upgrade, and oil changes.

Once it arrived at my house, the bike would not start for the first five days. The factory battery was weak and needed constant charging. The battery "cables" are nothing more than thick wires, as is the cable that runs from the solenoid to the starter. So its a dual problem: the small battery is putting out minimal power, and the cables are barely delivering enough power to engage the starter.

The Hawk arrived at my house with four miles on the odometer. So it seems that the distributor (I won't name them because I don't want to get sued) "broke in" the bike by starting it and letting it idle for....what, 20 minutes at a time? Then they changed the oil, and started the bike and let it idle again. So by the time the bike arrived at my house it had such a carbon buildup that it refused to start. That's my theory, at least.

More to come, including how I solved the cable problems. Thanks for reading.