Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #16

No Luck - My First day of riding has turned to SHIT. Bike runs like crap. Tried everything. Tonight I am pulling her back in the SHOP and tearing her all back down, and Putting the Stock exhuast on to see if that has ANYTHING to do with it. I do NOT no why it would, But I've have everything else back to stock except the JETS, EXHUAST. I know the sprocket is ruled out! I don't get it. Have to start back with stock and go from there I guess.......:(

Bummer! Very disappointed.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #17

Did you turn the gas on? :wink:

Old 03-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #18

Sorry we could not be of help...

You never even started it stock, huh? We have no baseline to go by/compare to...

Hey, this may matter, Kato made me think of it. One or more of the 3 Q's I've owned had a KINKED fuel line! Maybe that's it! :idea:

Old 03-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #19

Definateley NOT the exhuast put the stock exhuast on - no change - I am at a loss. I think I am going all the way back to stock with all jets etc....and start over. If I start the bike cold and put the chocke on she fires up and idles, after a couple minutes take the choke off she'll idle, but as soon as I barely blip the trhottle - she dies. Fires right back up, take the choke off - try the trottle she dies right out. It's like she starving for fuel, spits and spudders any throttle kills her. There is ONLY and Idle air screww behind the throttle cables. Tried adjusting that to no change whatsso ever. I think i may as well pit all the Juets and put stock back in and see if that makes a difference. Nothing unusual used what everyone else has and recommened - Used a 125 main and a 35 slow idle. Crazy Thing is thiis. In the carb from the top, the slidder (PLUNGER) has three holes in the bottom. 2 are for screws. I Assumed the other needs to be uncovered. When you put the plate in the bottom of this it can actually got both ways - covered and uncovered. I went uncovered based upon other users and the portguees manual. Other owner assure me this needs to be open. Basically the hole equilizes the pressure in the plungger is what I was told. He also assure me his was uncovered. Giving it up for today will go back by the weekend and see what I can come up with, and maybe someone here has some more suggestions. I HATE FREEKING CARBURATORS! Have a good evening all - i'll check in later.

PS - No fuel line kinks - but thanks all.

Andrew

Old 03-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #20

I feel your pain.

Lesson for all of us here..... :idea:

Don't modify anything without a baseline, then modify bit by bit with testing interspersed so if you hit a snag you know what went wrong.

I'll be rejetting the KLX tonight and now I'm all nervous! 8O

I also hate monkeying with carbs, ESPECIALLY when they are working well before 'fixing' them... :evil:

I usually leave my stuff stock, but I talked myself into lightening and adding power to the KLX based on sound dyno report data...

Old 03-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Did you turn the gas on? :wink:
Dude - I know it's silly question to ask but yeah - Had been riding and racing bikes over the past 30 years.....

Carburators can be a Pain in the Arse when not setup correctly. Unfortunately for me I Changed Jets exhuast etc.....Before firing it up bone stock. (MY BAD - Lesson learned) I have a funny feeling this has nothing to do with it though. Something else is arry......

TYhanks for pitching in though - Even the silliest things can happen I know.

Thanks

Andrew

Old 03-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #22

I only ask because I had done it. Usually its the kill switch for me.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:47 PM   #23

I'm in the minority in this thread; I love working on carbs. I sure wouldn't blame the exhaust system; it just sounds like you need more fuel. I could better visualize what you're saying if I could see the plunger and plate.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCAndrew
I had moved the clip closer to the point - I just moved it back to the orig oem position - If this does NOT Work I may have it figured out. The plunger has a plate on the inside there are three holes two are for screws. The other can be covered or uncovered based upon how that plate goes in. I have it uncovered. Which looks to be correct based upon a picture in the portguees manual. Going to put it back togather now and fire it up. We will see! 8O

Andrew
Andrew, I would move the clip down yet another notch. If you're already at the bottom notch, I'd buy a bigger main jet. Just because a certain size main jet worked for somebody else doesn't mean it's right for you.

Also, what position is your air / fuel screw in?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-17-2011, 10:41 PM   #25

Right now I already moved the needle clip back to oem position. The main jet is a 125 and the idle jet is a 35 - The Air Mix screwed in an attemp t to get it running better I screwed in in all the way and backed it out 2.5 turns. If time allows I'm going to Put the jets back to OEM and start all from scratch and only change one thing at a time, instaed of several. (MY BAD) I should have known better. Open to any advice.

Thanks much

ANDREW

Old 03-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #26

Andrew, I can't remember, did you change the plug? I wouldn't trust the stock plug.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:11 PM   #27

No - But yeah I need to get a new plug as well, I agree....Will try and get one in the AM if I can.....

Old 03-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #28

This link contains a Picture of the Plunger in the carb I was refering too.....
Still doesn't show the bottom through.....

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-Changing-Jets

Andrew

Old 03-17-2011, 11:26 PM   #29

Lets see if this link works - heres the pic - Copy and paste the link into your address box - it will work that way...

Andrew

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos...nuyuwDUNwn.jpg

Old 03-17-2011, 11:26 PM   #30

I wouldn't be surprised if the plug is the problem.