Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2017, 11:48 AM   #5371

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAn82 View Post
500 miles later . . .

Finding the actual neutral . . . basically what I spend most of the time doing at stop lights and then the light changes right when I find it.
You'll find that it will snick into neutral easily if you do it just as you roll to a stop. Once you're no longer moving, you need to rock the bike back-and-forth a hair to get it to move into neutral.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 05-01-2017, 11:58 AM   #5372

Odd on the 6th gear false neutral. Have you changed the oil yet?
I have both the tall seat on one RX3 and the narrow seat on the other. Both are nice seats that allow hours in the saddle. The stock seat does suck and once that "balloon rubber" upholstery gets hot, it will stick to your jeans and stretch around. Just an added pleasure. ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-01-2017, 12:10 PM   #5373

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Odd on the 6th gear false neutral. Have you changed the oil yet?
I have both the tall seat on one RX3 and the narrow seat on the other. Both are nice seats that allow hours in the saddle. The stock seat does suck and once that "balloon rubber" upholstery gets hot, it will stick to your jeans and stretch around. Just an added pleasure. ;-)
Looking at the tall seat right now . . . thinking that's going to be the route I go.

I thought the false neutral was weird, too. I think I remember seeing a thread about that on here somewhere. I'll look into it in a bit. (Edit: I looked into it. Seems like the culprit is more than likely lazy shifting. Definitely not discounting that as a very real possibility here.)

I went through the break-in period a lot faster than I anticipated (it's just too much fun to ride). So, I spaced out ordering oil filters. I've been trying to find a compatible one that I might be able to pick up locally - waiting to hear back from Gerry about sizes or a part number. Otherwise, I'll have to wait for some to come in from CSC.

2016 CSC RX3
2015 TaoTao 50
2006 GSX-R 600 (retired)

"If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off"

Old 05-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #5374

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAn82 View Post
Looking at the tall seat right now . . . thinking that's going to be the route I go.

I thought the false neutral was weird, too. I think I remember seeing a thread about that on here somewhere. I'll look into it in a bit. (Edit: I looked into it. Seems like the culprit is more than likely lazy shifting. Definitely not discounting that as a very real possibility here.)

I went through the break-in period a lot faster than I anticipated (it's just too much fun to ride). So, I spaced out ordering oil filters. I've been trying to find a compatible one that I might be able to pick up locally - waiting to hear back from Gerry about sizes or a part number. Otherwise, I'll have to wait for some to come in from CSC.
I usually order a 6 pack of filters from CSC when I order something else from them. Even just up here to Nor Cal, the shipping is "impressive", so I have them toss the filters inside whatever I'm ordering (like thee tall seat). Saves $$$.

Both the tall and narrow seats are far more firm than the stoker....but do break in to your rear end after some miles.

There's also a cleanable filter from Tao Bao but I have yet to look into how to order from them. I should do that.....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-01-2017, 02:00 PM   #5375

Wow AdAn82, that was might quick to put the bike through break-in! Well done!

I think you'll notice a little better shifting after changing your oil, especially when you move over to synthetic. I was having some difficulty finding neutral also on my bike, but the combination of break-in miles, synthetic oil, and tightening my shifter all helped to make it easier to find neutral.

I totally agree with you... the bike really does ride quite nicely. It's more than I was expecting from a a 250cc bike. Not sure if you've made any preload adjustment, but I found that to help quite a bit in terms of comfort on the stock seat. It's still not stellar, but I can spend a bit more time on the seat now. I am (still) planning to upgrade the seat... I just haven't gotten over to CSC to try either of the seat solutions yet.

Glad you weren't hurt during your spill on sand. And glad to read the guards did their job! What's awesome to know is that the guards cost about $44 to replace, so great protection and low cost... what's not to like? My bike saw its first spill without me having put a mile on it. I was backing off the trailer I brought it home on when I hit a bump, and the bike fell away from me. No damage to the bike as the guards did their job. Very impressive (and a huge sigh of relief from me.)

Enjoy the ride! :-)

Old 05-02-2017, 08:39 PM   #5376

Location: 484 miles east from the geographical center of the United States
I finally got my bike registered today. I had a minor issue at the DMV. I hope to be riding this weekend. We have had torrential rains the last fours days.

I don't think I could push the bike through the mud to try to ride.

Life Member VFW / Life Member NRA / WWG1-WGA

Old 05-04-2017, 11:44 AM   #5377

"Only a minor issue at the DMV" - Means they were running at 100% peak efficiency :-)

Hope you can get out and ride soon!!!

Old 05-04-2017, 08:03 PM   #5378

I put a quick 20 miles on it today. No issues. No stalling or issues with the neutral. No oil on my boots. JBFLA's post has made me really paranoid about that happening.

The wind was horrible. Major cross wind. All in all, the bike is great.

The link below sums up my first ride on the bike. Substitute "race car" with "RX3".

Old 05-05-2017, 11:09 PM   #5379

Went out again today. I really love this bike so far. My first bike was a Suzuki Vstrom 650 (2009). This bike is just plain easy to ride and fun. I cannot wait to get the break in period over with.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:29 PM   #5380

Why's it taking so long! I got my 500 miles in two days. Max speed 42 mph. Do it!!! :-)

Old 05-08-2017, 01:40 PM   #5381

He needs a m.c. treadmill for break in

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmartin View Post
Why's it taking so long! I got my 500 miles in two days. Max speed 42 mph. Do it!!! :-)
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-11-2017, 03:33 PM   #5382

Due to a bad back etc. my biking days are almost over.

I had a half arsed attempt at trying to sell my RX3 but I was a little suprised to find that there was very little interest here In the UK, even though I was selling at what I thought was a bargain price.

I think this is down to the lack of suport and availability of parts here in the UK .

So I have decided to sell it for parts, either whole or as individual parts on ebay In the summer.

Ive been here since the early days of the mega thread ,thanks to spud and others, It has been fun learning and bieng a part of the whole RX3 thing on here.

So rather than going out with a bang, its gonna be more of a fart & whimper

I'll drop back in from time to time to see how things are going.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:32 PM   #5383

Katflap, sorry to read that you are forced to give up the sport. Let's hope you find a way around the physical problem and come back to the campfire. It has been fun to compare ideas with you, you will be missed.

Peter Y.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:03 PM   #5384

Kat, I feel your bad back issue. Enough to bring a person to his knees if turning just right. Hope you can get a comfortable solution to it. You can always get another bike but we only got this one body so need to help it last as long as possible .We will be thinking of you so chime in from time to time and let us know how your doing. A lot of us in the same boat I think. rj

Old 05-11-2017, 09:40 PM   #5385

Kat......hate to see you close the book on this chapter of your life brother. I'm a 2 time zipper back survivor and have had to cut back on my saddle time.....so I can completely feel your pain, Don't be a stranger...youre a good guy with helpful tips and solid insight on issues...stick around.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song