Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #1

My Apollo 250cc dirt bike

Just a video and photos too at the end. Info in description. Enjoy.

I need some help with the front light/tail light installing, but that's for another topic.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:41 PM   #2

Sweet bike! Good video. Impressed with Apollo's offerings!
Thanks 🤠!

Old 08-16-2017, 05:33 PM   #3

Thanks. I got it 80% assembled, I had to put it together the rest. I'm more like a computer geek, than a biker, but I did it. The factory settings were so off, the engine started, but putting it in 1st and start was impossible. Then I was messing with the gas-choke (and with that screw with the spring on it), now it's better, so I'm able to test-riding it. I still has to work more on the settings though. Baby-steps, slow progress.

Last edited by stevet40; 08-17-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:30 PM   #4

What I don't understand is why they stopped making this bike in the liquid cooled version, yet retained the radiator guards/fins lol. These are awesome bikes though. It would be nice if they offered a dual sport version.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 08-17-2017, 10:36 PM   #5

They kinda do, but - for some unknown reason - no one sells them in the U.S.

http://www.apollovehicle.com/Motorcy...e_(T)_328.html
http://www.apollovehicle.com/Motorcycle.html

Front light, back light, looking great, yet, impossible to find in the United States. Russia, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, etc, I found many videos from those countries, people buying and riding them there.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
What I don't understand is why they stopped making this bike in the liquid cooled version, yet retained the radiator guards/fins lol. These are awesome bikes though. It would be nice if they offered a dual sport version.
Apollo did have a couple go-arounds in the US with street versions. I recall seeing a 'motard' version offered on ebay. One time, there was a dealer who had what looked like full lights on a dual sport, kind of like how the Pitster Pro full-size bikes come with. These were definitely the exceptions, however.

If you go to Apollo's site, all kinds of versions are offered. You have to realize these are sold worldwide. They allow importers/distributors to spec them out. In fact, one guy on mychinamoto.com several years ago from Nepal was touring Chinese bike factories in a quest to spec out bikes and have them OEM'd for him. He stopped by the Apollo factory, and they had a few engines offered, including a Loncin 250 liquid-cooled engine, as well as a few air-cooled offerings. Their factory site makes it look like 'that is how they come' but local distributors/importers get to spec them out. For the US, we are stuck with what the distributor brings in, but I believe all the recent years' offerings have been California CARB legal, so that might get scrutinized if they sent lighted bikes to the US, like what RPS does with the Hawk 250 (those are 49-state off-road legal, Californians need not apply).

http://www.apollovehicle.com/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-21-2017, 06:02 PM   #7

Name:  IMG_4159.jpg
Views: 2124
Size:  21.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4160.jpg
Views: 2111
Size:  22.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4161.jpg
Views: 2099
Size:  21.2 KB

That's what I was going for.
The mortard Apollo is so sick.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:06 PM   #8

Old 08-23-2017, 01:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy1980ny View Post
Attachment 10601

Attachment 10602

Attachment 10603

That's what I was going for.
The mortard Apollo is so sick.
You could probably purchase the 17" street wheels from Apollo directly, or if you can figure it out, from TaoBao (sort of the Chinese Ebay--not to be confused with Taotao Motorsports). That is if you wanted a motard. But I do like the idea of an enduro or dual-sport; your look is GREAT!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #10

Old 06-08-2020, 08:50 AM   #11

I got a new carburetor. However I can't even take out the old one, there is no way to get to it. I did work like 2 hours trying to get to it today, and it was a waste of time. Pretty much impossible. So far I would say, this was the worst investment of my life. Didn't work right since I bought it. Ran only 4 miles then stopped, then I cannot start it ever again. I'm 100% sure that the carbureter is bad, as my TaoTao moped had the same issue (stopped after 4 miles, but it was an easy carb. switch adn running just fine since then). But I can't get to the carb of the dirt bike, so switching it is impossible.

Is there a video showing for this exact model how to get to it and switch it? I trued to look it up, no video. Hondas look different, so those videos are no use. I wasted almost $2000 on a pile of metal that can't be used for anything.

Anyone has a tip what to do at this point?

Old 06-08-2020, 11:07 AM   #12

I've had mine off several times. Just take the clamps loose on the boots. Push the one on the air filter back and pull the carb out. Takes some wiggling but it will come out. The top of the carb has a little screw holding the top on. You will have to get it out. Then you can get the top to spin off.

Tags
250cc, apollo, dirt bike