Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2020, 12:36 PM   #1

Steering stem bearings Thumpstar tsx-c 140.

Went to a fun scramble Saturday, in Sugarloaf. Pa. Sponsored by the HMDR (high mountain dirt rider). Great event. Great time. Many families. Varied terrain. Myself and 2, 15 year olds. 2013 Husqvarna TE 310R. 2020 apollo DB250 (only 3 hours prior to the event), 2018 Thumpstar TSX-C 140 worked. The Thumpstar was ridden by a 15 year old with may be 4 hours seat time. Ha! The Thumpstar got trashed. The front brake lever broke off and what ended the day was the steering bearings began to lock up the front end. Which contributed to a few more crashes. Oh, the throttle cable tube became kinked. The clutch pedal also bent. Which is better than all those forces going to the shift rod. The Thumpstar yx140 motor never had any issues running, starting or bogging down. The other 15 year old loved the Apollo DB 36. But the Apollo did get injured. One fall at the end caused the perch to crack on the shift lever side. We know these metals are soft. So we are going to replace the handle bars. As well as both perches and levers. That same 15 year old also fell onto a rock opening his elbow. Probably could have used a stitch but went with med glue and sterry strips.The Husqvarna was awesome until I got a flat rear tire. Enough babbling. If you know the steering stem bearing size. I would appreciate the info. Thanks

Old 09-13-2020, 02:05 AM   #2

Ha! 80 views and not 1 response. T-bolt had it.

Tags
apollo, bearings, steering stem, thumpstar, triple tree