Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standaman View Post
Perfect! I actually understood everything thing you just said. I must be learning...I'll definitely try it out. What's your thoughts on the best oil to use. Right now I'm running valvoline 4 stroke 10w30.
I've been all over the map on oils, including some expensive "motorcycle specific" synthetics. All of my China bikes seem to like the cheap 15W-40 diesel stuff the best. I now run the Wally World Supertech 15w-40. Dirt cheap, my clutches like it. If I'm feeling guilty, I'll upgrade to a name brand. Fine by me!....but oil is like beer. Everyone has their own taste.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tec...-1-qt/17134876

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-23-2017, 12:42 PM   #17

Sorry, 10w40 4 Stroke wet clutch protection
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1186.jpg (11.1 KB, 82 views)

Old 02-23-2017, 12:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I've been all over the map on oils, including some expensive "motorcycle specific" synthetics. All of my China bikes seem to like the cheap 15W-40 diesel stuff the best. I now run the Wally World Supertech 15w-40. Dirt cheap, my clutches like it. If I'm feeling guilty, I'll upgrade to a name brand. Fine by me!....but oil is like beer. Everyone has their own taste.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tec...-1-qt/17134876
Huh, I would have thought you would have been square in with the jaso-ma crowd . Safe to say you know what your doing since you have been around the block a few times.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-23-2017, 02:47 PM   #19

That Valvoline will do just fine

Supertech 15w-40 is a good/great oil for the price, but it is starting to get on the high side for Moly and Zinc* for 'Wet Clutch Applications', some of the more sensitive wet clutches might not like it, that being said I would use it without hesitation if it's priced right, it is still a great oil and if your bike and wallet get along with it, use it

http://www.pqiamerica.com/May%202013/supertech.htm

* Reason I know this is the Rotella 5w-40 I normally use has really high Moly and Zinc numbers and some people mention 'clutch (chatter) issues' after using this oil... I have never seen a real problem with the "synthetic oil molecule size being too small"... that is just another bogus myth 900 year old mechanics like to toss around... it's always down to the wrong additive package in the oil making issues in the system

http://www.pqiamerica.com/June%20201...lrotellat6.htm

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Huh, I would have thought you would have been square in with the jaso-ma crowd . Safe to say you know what your doing since you have been around the block a few times.
It really depends. If my bikes don't bitch about it, I usually run it. Generally speaking, I'll run the Rotella T4 15W-40, especially if it's on sale. I'll buy a couple gallons. That said, I've not had a single problem with any of the Supertech oils at Wally World, whether in my rolling stock, garden tractor or vehicles. I've not looked it up as to who makes it for Wally World, but it's probably some big name, somewhere, would be my guess.

Heck, when I was a kid, I'd pour into my bikes whatever dad had on the shelf! It was oil...and it was more than my bike started with before I dumped it in! LOL!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350