Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2022, 08:11 AM   #16

Also, can anybody tell me what the function of the little rubber tongue is at the end of my Brozz kickstand?

Old 10-31-2022, 08:16 AM   #17

The kickstands on my three TT250's are the perfect length. When I park the bikes on dirt or sand, I toss a crushed soda can on the ground before dropping the stand on them. The stands hold the bikes just fine on hard surfaces as well.
2021 CSC TT250 - White (Daughter's) "Gemini"

Old 10-31-2022, 12:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur-Samurai View Post
Also, can anybody tell me what the function of the little rubber tongue is at the end of my Brozz kickstand?
This is a really good question.

I have never known with my little rubber tongue was for either. It kind of just touches the ground. It deforms ever so slightly. It doesn’t seem to serve a purpose.

Old 10-31-2022, 12:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post

I have never known with my little rubber tongue was for either. It kind of just touches the ground. It deforms ever so slightly. It doesn’t seem to serve a purpose.
I asked someone that question when I had my Brozz, and was told that it actually provides some grip on hard surfaces, to prevent rolling forward and folding the kickstand up enough to fall

Old 11-01-2022, 12:58 PM   #20

If I had a guess it would be a helper to get the kickstand down. Big boots or passenger peg down, it would probably help. My ‘20 Hawk DLX has that rubber too and the kickstand is about the perfect length also. My observation

Old 11-02-2022, 05:08 PM   #21

Quote:

From what I understand it's supposed to be a vibration preventer, to help keep the bike from walking around if it's idling with the kickstand down and no one on it.

Old 11-03-2022, 12:24 AM   #22

its on there so you don;t bust your teeth from kick stand.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:13 PM   #23

Quote:
Actually, that's something Honda added to their side stands many years ago. If you take off and forget to put the side stand up the rubber will touch the pavement and flip the stand up. That's the theory, anyway. Yes, I have tested this once ( not intentionally). It works.

Old 11-10-2022, 09:18 AM   #24

Tried again, ordering a shorter kickstand that might work for my TBR7, but Amazon said it was lost and issued a refund.

That was my second attempt, my first was so sad it looked like my TBR7 was embarished for what I did to her( https://mymotorcycleblog.com/tbr7-ki...-upgrade-fail/ ).

My current kickstand is the stock, which is too long. Another issue, I actually had the bike roll forward once and drop because the kickstand didn't 'lock-up' right.

Sorry long story, looking for suggestions, what kickstand worked for you guys?

thx,

Testing a YouTube Channel

Old 02-04-2024, 09:16 AM   #25

Kickstand fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
What's crazy is that the Kickstand on my KPX250 seem almost too long. The bike almost stands vertical and it a taller bike.
I just got my KPX250 yesterday and haven't been on a bike in 45 years and when I sat on this for the first time I said uh oh. I can't seem to get off this bike safely as it might tip over and was like everyone said....almost vertical. Sadly I told my wife, " I need to CUT.. THEN WELD ..on a brand new bike. I cut exactly 1 inch top to bottom and brazed a new pad on there and works perfect.
I could get on the bike standing on the peg but, couldn't get back off in fear of tipping over and it would have believe you me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kick.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	388.0 KB
ID:	30760  

Old 02-06-2024, 04:38 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_airhead View Post
Actually, that's something Honda added to their side stands many years ago. If you take off and forget to put the side stand up the rubber will touch the pavement and flip the stand up. That's the theory, anyway. Yes, I have tested this once ( not intentionally). It works.
I know and old post but if the they intended to raise the stand up with the rubber strip, why wouldn’t it be on the front side of the kickstand? I’m still sticking with the thought on post #20…

Old 02-06-2024, 06:49 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post

That rubber bit is a safety device. It's there for when you forget to put the stand up. The rubber hits the ground before the metal, with the intent that the rubber hitting the pavement while moving will flip the stand up before the metal part touches down. However, poorly lubricated kickstands and aged, worn rubber parts make this less effective.

Until safety switches became the norm, all bikes had these. There might have even been a law or regulation mandating it, not sure.

Charles.

Old 02-06-2024, 06:54 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Fun View Post
I know and old post but if the they intended to raise the stand up with the rubber strip, why wouldn’t it be on the front side of the kickstand? I’m still sticking with the thought on post #20…
Because of physics. When the rubber is on the backside, when it hits the ground it deforms away from the stand, and ideally kicks the stand up before the metal bits touch down. If it was in front of the stand, when the rubber deformed it would deform into and under the kickstand (technical term is "jam up"), which would then have a similar impact to the case where just the metal touches down.

My guess is that it was tried both ways and they picked the one that worked better in real life.

Charles.

Old 02-07-2024, 01:29 PM   #29

Just 4 Fun, that maybe there intention for that rubber piece. On my 12/20’ Hawk DLX it is totally useless for that as it is about even with the bottom of the kickstand and hangs out about half inch, so the kickstand would grab first if moving forward. This is just my observation and looking and seeing how they can’t even get the kickstand height right on a lot of these bikes it maybe helpful to lower the stand. The rubber on my bike even has a taper on the tip? Again why would the rubber help, or why can’t the kickstand hit the ground and raise itself? Just thinking out loud…

Old 02-08-2024, 01:40 PM   #30

The stand on my 2022 Hawk DLX seems a little short. I got over it. A little chunk of 2x4 eases my nerves when it's on soft ground.
* Banjo brake light switch
* LED headlight + front turn signals
* Debadged (I don't like to brag about the superior
strength!)
* Top speed, GPS verified, as equipped: 68 mph (so far)