Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2015, 02:43 PM   #1

Also, don't expect all of the spokes to make the same note when you strike them. A ping is a ping.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-03-2015, 04:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
...A ping is a ping.
That is true, and quotable.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-05-2015, 10:48 PM   #3

Update!

Yesterday was a looong day. My little tool broke so I had to run to harbor freight and barely made it before they closed to pick up a hex key socket set that had the 12mm key in it. I got my spokes in the mail and put in the new spoke, then re trued the rear wheel. After I had the entire wheel assembled on the bike, I noticed I forgot to put the rim strip on and had to take everything apart again. I then trued the front wheel.

After doing all of that I punctured a 2cm hole in the front tube when putting everything back together, so I had to run to the nearest Autozone (20 miles away) and purchased a tire patch kit and an inter tube patch kit. The inter tube patch seems to be holding fine, but I won't be going on any long rides for a few days to make sure it isn't leaking.

So far everything seems to be working perfectly. Before all of this I would let go of the bars and the bike would start oscillating side to side very quickly. I would get horrible wobbles when slowing down or hitting 50+ mph. Today I maxed my bike out (apparently 72mph) with absolutely no bar wobble. It felt like I was on a new bike

I want to thank you all for the time you have put into helping me on this journey, I would never have been able to do it on my own

Old 05-06-2015, 12:56 AM   #4

Thanks for the update. You have done good work, and the knowledge you have gained is excellent.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-06-2015, 12:57 AM   #5

You're doing all of the hard work, and you're figuring most of it out yourself. You're a credit to this forum.

I've given up on rim strips. I now use a strip of Gorilla tape, torn in half, lengthwise. Tough stuff. I don't recommend a patch; in fact, I'd go for a heavy duty tube.

So glad to hear that your bike is better than before. Nice work.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Tags
rims, spokes, true, wheels, xf200