Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2018, 09:03 PM   #91

I've never seen a Chinese bike anything like a TW. I've seen a few with similar basic engine designs, but not clones. That's about like saying a TW and a TT-R and a XT are identical, but they are not even close.

If Zong uses a bigger bore on a copy of the TW200 crank to get to 250cc they will probably have to relocate the cylinder/head studs to fit a liner for a cylinder that big, and that means totally different cases. Yamaha went from 200cc to 225cc with a stroker crank and a bigger bore. Maybe Zong copied the TW225, which uses the same stroke and bore as the XT225 and TT-R230. I don't really know, and apparently, neither does anyone else.

Old 11-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #92

Not that this may even be relevant but Spud dropped a XT225 in his Zong Sierra after it gave up the ghost (post-submersion at over 70k). Fit great...

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15995

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 11-13-2018, 11:32 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
I've never seen a Chinese bike anything like a TW. I've seen a few with similar basic engine designs, but not clones. That's about like saying a TW and a TT-R and a XT are identical, but they are not even close.

If Zong uses a bigger bore on a copy of the TW200 crank to get to 250cc they will probably have to relocate the cylinder/head studs to fit a liner for a cylinder that big, and that means totally different cases. Yamaha went from 200cc to 225cc with a stroker crank and a bigger bore. Maybe Zong copied the TW225, which uses the same stroke and bore as the XT225 and TT-R230. I don't really know, and apparently, neither does anyone else.
I meant TW style engine
The Zong 200 was a sorta copy TW200 bike clone engine
The 250 was a bigger piston only yes relocated studs etc

Old 11-13-2018, 03:51 PM   #94

That all corresponds with the info I've come across. Yamaha and several Chinese manufacturers have made a dozen or more versions of the same engine family, 125cc to 250cc, 4-speed, 5-speed, 6-speed, manual clutch, automatic clutch, 2 wheels, 3 wheels, 4 wheels, 6 wheels, half tracks, full tracks, ... . Not yet seen a factory EFI version, though. It is one of the toughest small engine designs ever. Some parts are interchangeable and upgradeable, some are not.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:46 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
No freight & no assembly fee for a Versys? Maybe if you buy it in Japan partly assembled from the factory. There will be WAY more fees from a Japanese dealer then from CSC. Japanese fees typically add $500 to $1000 to the advertised price. Kawi, Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda all charge freight. The freight charge is from Japan to the dealership. CSC freight is from the dealership to your door if you choose to have it shipped, not from China to CSC. That freight is already included in the CSC price.

I got quotes for 5175 and 5450 +tax this summer looking at the V300x, that's for the non and abs models. It's nearly 1000 dollars cheaper than the RX4 NEW if you shop around. I ended up with a new Versys 650 LT for 1500 below msrp including tax (only 1300 more than the RX4, with luggage btw) so you definitely can find bikes way under MSRP if you look. Add in the difference in depreciation and the Versys 300 will be a cheaper bike even after you buy accessories. IMO I'd go that route at his time. But if someone likes RX4 go for it. I think they came in way to high in price tbh.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:02 PM   #96

Shop around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R View Post
I got quotes for 5175 and 5450 +tax this summer looking at the V300x, that's for the non and abs models. It's nearly 1000 dollars cheaper than the RX4 NEW if you shop around. I ended up with a new Versys 650 LT for 1500 below msrp including tax (only 1300 more than the RX4, with luggage btw) so you definitely can find bikes way under MSRP if you look. Add in the difference in depreciation and the Versys 300 will be a cheaper bike even after you buy accessories. IMO I'd go that route at his time. But if someone likes RX4 go for it. I think they came in way to high in price tbh.
If you shop around you can find motorcycles selling with NO assembly charges and NO shipping charges. Just sales tax and registration and license fees.
I’ve also found special additional discounts for military veterans. (As a veteran it’s nice to be finally receiving rewards for serving in the military)

Old 01-04-2019, 02:04 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
If you shop around you can find motorcycles selling with NO assembly charges and NO shipping charges. Just sales tax and registration and license fees.
I’ve also found special additional discounts for military veterans. (As a veteran it’s nice to be finally receiving rewards for serving in the military)
I agree it's easy. Lot's of Kawasaki dealers who are competing with each other. All this talk about add this fee and that and it's 2000 more than MSRP are untrue in this market. Maybe years ago when sales were strong but definitely not today. Like I said I got my new Versys 650 LT for 1500 less than list price with nothing but a small doc fee, sales tax included. The Versys 300x was available under MSRP with tax included and all fees as well. Given the difference in price you could farkle it for similar price to the RX4 but with higher quality parts.

The RX3 was a good value initially but it's kinda bloated in price now and if I did it all over again I'd just pay the extra and get the Versys 300 for not much more. The only equipment I actually like on my RX3 is the crash bars. The luggage is tiny and leaks, the top box cracked at the mounting points, the headlights very weak and much of the rubber parts are cracked or dry rotted despite being in a garage in northern NY. The 12v/USB is crazy overpriced and the USB port is very low power. Paying 3500 I feel like it was "ok" for the price but I'd be irritated with it had I paid the 4195 (plus shipping/assembly) that it's listed at now. It's nearly 25% more expensive than a few years back and for less than 1k you can just get a new Versys 300x. When you sell it the Versys will end up costing less than the RX3.

When the RX4 was in rumor mill stages I was expecting a bike fully equipped to hit the market at 4500/4999 which would make it much more appealing than the price it's set at now.

It'll be interesting to see how the RX4 sells and performs in the long run. Hopefully it's another level of quality and reliability compared to the RX3, time will tell.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:43 PM   #98

New RX4 Price

Just an update for those still sitting on the fence - CSC sent out an email to people who have put down deposits on RX4's, stating that the bike's stock configuration is changing to luggage-less, subsequently they are lowering the price to US $5,395 + $55 documentation + 345 assembly. So, $5,795 for a bone stock RX4, delivered to your door, versus $6,345 originally.

For those who want luggage, they have three primary options available:

1. $429.95 - Gets you resin cases, identical to the RX3's.

2. $449.95 - Still resin cases, RX3 side panniers plus the new, larger resin top case that will fit a helmet.

3. $849.95 - This is the TourFella aluminum set up.

In addition, they are also willing to configure any other luggage set ups that the buyer may be interested in.

Last edited by Working_ZS; 01-09-2019 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Correct inaccurate assembly price.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:53 PM   #99

RX3 and RX4 luggage rack and boxes are the same - might help people to know.
Yes RX4 uses the RX3 racking system

Old 01-09-2019, 05:23 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
RX3 and RX4 luggage rack and boxes are the same - might help people to know.
Yes RX4 uses the RX3 racking system
So, the large top box will fit on my RX3 top rack?

Old 01-09-2019, 07:27 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd1959 View Post
If Tourfella it’s the same on the RX3 & 4
I’d suggest the cheap plastic would be but as it’s not offered in China I couldn’t confirm or no use asking cause they’ll look at me silly as to why the cheap plastic would want to be used on the RX4

The Tourfella rack system isn’t the same as the plastic case rack system.
Tourfella don’t make the Zongshen rack either but just supply the cases

Old 01-09-2019, 09:53 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd1959 View Post
I'm speculating, but I think so, since the RX4 is now available with RX3 luggage as an option, with the larger resin top case available as a substitute for US $20 more. The only way to be sure would be to call them up and ask them.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:47 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working_ZS View Post
I'm speculating, but I think so, since the RX4 is now available with RX3 luggage as an option, with the larger resin top case available as a substitute for US $20 more. The only way to be sure would be to call them up and ask them.
THe plastic boxes I’d strongly suggest are interchangeable too
Both have a different rack system (Tourfella and plastic cases) but I’d think each system would work on both RX3 & 4 as both bikes seem to have both options etc

That make any sense lol?

Old 01-10-2019, 12:28 PM   #104

When I had my RX1, it came with the Resin or Plastic cases, in fact mine had the big top case where I can store my helmet, as I can see CSC usually offers the standard top case in the small size.
What they are offering is that the RX4 comes standard with the plastic cases, including the Top one as small, now for 20 extra you can get the bigger top case, but if you want to Tourfella panniers and top case, this means almost $900.00 extra,

Old 01-20-2019, 08:49 PM   #105

Just visited the CSC page to ask a question about the RX4. If I read correctly, RX3 and RX4 luggage is the same, racks and all. Also, CSC now has some soft luggage for the same racks at reasonable prices. I could have misread with this headache. Off to practice violin.