Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2016, 02:56 PM   #1

Thumbs Up DC checking in

hey everyone

like most of you, I came to this forum with my credit card already in my hand. I'm trying to do my due diligence before making the leap.

Chinese goods have been making a lot of things affordable for me... dirt bike being the latest. I'm very close to purchasing a Magician from eBay because I like the profile and appearance.

I'm a life long cyclists so I have a good amount of experience on 2 wheels, but obviously I'm worried about getting it registered in VA (I live just outside DC) and the reliability/quality of the build.

Thanks all for the information

Old 08-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #2

p.s. DC and Baltimore are home to a lot of illegal street riding for dirt bikes and ATVs. this would be a huge target for theft here, and I live in an apartment. my parents may have a garage I can store it in, but that's definitely one thing I'm considering.

I was also wondering if the Magician would fit in the inside of my scion xB
, a relatively small utility vehicle but a good amount of space.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:20 PM   #3

Welcome!

I've often wondered about how useful the xB is; it would be so cool to be able to transport a bike in one. I've done that in a minivan several times.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-22-2016, 02:10 PM   #4

Welcome! Keep shopping hard for the Magician as it is just now coming to the USA market. May find some competitive pricing as all the dealers start getting them in.

/

Old 08-22-2016, 09:42 PM   #5

I can't speak for Va... But I've had no trouble registering 2 hawks in DC. So far no problems with theft either, but I do have a gated parking pad off an alleyway for my bikes.

The magicians look pretty cool but I have to say the hawks are a phenomenal value and the 21 inch front wheel doesn't flinch at all the steel plates and monster pot holes around here.

Let's go for a ride when you get your china bike.