Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #1

Downshifting Issue 4th to 3rd Advice

Hey,

I recently purchased a Magician and so far so good. It runs very lean, but I'm about to do the stock carb chop job up to a 110 that has been recommended.

I've been commuting to work with it and twice now I've been shifting down to 3rd from 4th and the digital gear indicator just went dead. The shifter felt like it was in neutral (but between 3rd and 4th), sort of nothing engaged with the shifter foot lever free floating.

This has been with the clutch engaged (clutch cable as been adjusted I don't think its an clutch lever issue) since the engine was running. I was downshifting when coming to a light in both instances. It took a bit of back and forth and hard pushes down to get into second but it DID eventually go both times.

So a couple of thoughts:

1. I have been running the idle high since its lean and wants to shut off if I don't, until it gets hot

2. I may have overfilled the oil a bit too much (Rotella 15-40) to the top of the sight glass

3. Could this be bits of metal shavings making its way into the transmission case and blocking things? I have since drained changed the oil again and did see some light debris. This time I got it halfway up the sight glass.

Thanks

Tags
gears, issue, magician, shifting