Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #1

Port and polish

Well today a got out the dremel and i ported and polished my roketa
it was pretty simple i just enlarged the intake port and exaust port
and let me tell you what a diifrence it made it is a hell of a lot snappier and more power. and i took the choke butterfly off and advaced the ignition timing. tommorow i'll ream the jet 2 sizes up and i'll probably leave the exaust port alone and make the intake port alot bigger and polish it more. does anybody think this will hert my engine or will it be fine????

Old 06-05-2007, 07:58 PM   #2

If you make the ports too big without the aid of a flow machine to verify progress, you could do more harm then good performance wise. Just take .003 to .005 off the inside and that should do. Also, you don't want the intake port polished. The exhaust yes, intake no. A slightly rough intake helps mix the fuel / air. Sanding marks from the dremel are okay. Polishing the exhaust to a mirror finish is good. As for the main jet, buy one don't try to ream it. They only cost $3. Reaming them and you have no idea how big you made it without an air gauge.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:39 AM   #3

It's all good

i have had the port and polished now for about 3 weeks and nothing has went wrong most of the time i beat the sh.. out of it and it's just fine other than a slight pinging in the motor because i need to run a higher octane i'll probably go get some octane booster today. iam only running 87 but when i put some octane booster in it the motor is dead silent .