Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2020, 03:46 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpect View Post
I have no idea how to "chinariders" yet lol so i don't know if those replies were for me or not. If they were, thank you! If they weren't, thank you anyway!
It was directed at you. To be more specific, the specs are located on post 26 of the thread that you have linked there.
http://chinariders.net/showpost.php?...0&postcount=26

What I find rather odd is that the intake valve has a wider spec than the exhaust. Completely backwards from every engine ever created.

I highly suspect you could simply run both valves at .05mm, which is the minimum spec for every other CG engine on the market, and be just fine.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 12-13-2020, 10:05 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post
I'm all registered and legal in SC, wasn't TOO much of a hassle. Took it for one ride, tried to do some 50mph cruising. It is not smooth when cruising. Don't really know how to describe it other than it is just a little "jerky." It certainly is not terrible, but it is irritating. I will give it more time before I start fiddling.
Hello I had the same problem with my new expect. But it was fixed by making sure the o2 sensor was working properly. Just a loose wire on o2 plug at sensor. Twisted wires as I reinstalled the o2 sensor works great now no sputtering at 55+. Also ordered a new o2 sensor for down the line when it needs replacement
Hope by now u got it working. if not try that.

Old 12-13-2020, 10:38 PM   #78

Installing FMF power core 4 header and muffler. Is it possible?

I would like to install an after market exhaust system.
Any body out there successfully do so?
Mentioned earlier in the thread was some how accessing the computer software? It may need to be tweaked if a new exhaust was put in. Can that be done at home? Software? Reader device? I know the shop i bought it from said it may need to be remapped if i do that.And that the shop could remap it..

Old 12-19-2020, 07:51 PM   #79

I might be naive to say this, but don't electronic fuel injection systems on bikes usually remap themselves to adjust for things like exhausts?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-20-2020, 09:03 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I might be naive to say this, but don't electronic fuel injection systems on bikes usually remap themselves to adjust for things like exhausts?
My thoughts as well. What ever the bike "thinks" it needs for fuel should be constantly adjusted to optimum via O2 Sensor readings. As O2 readings are after combustion they are used to constantly fine tune the ratio what ever the conditions.

The key will be to get the 02 sensor properly mounted on the new exhaust.

Check out this thread.
ss27gogeta did a lot of mod's to his Xpect - well documented - including changing the exhaust.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.ph...ighlight=Lifan

Best of Luck!

Old 12-25-2020, 05:48 PM   #81

Following the thread as I got my x-pect in November 2020 and have been going through the mill of registration here in Virginia, first of all having to wait almost a month to get an interview with our local VDOT and then also quite a period of time to get a Virginia learners licence. I have been able to clock up around 60 miles riding trails around 20 acres around me so can state that I am quite happy with the bikes performance so far, The only mod so far was the change to the 17 tooth drive sprocket which has kept the rpms lower and I feel more comfortable this way and as I am at only about 120 miles on the clock wil hang on a little before doing any other changes although valve clearances should be checked soon. By the way the first bike I had was an old Garelli 70 which I got in pieces in the early 60's followed by a BSA super Rocket and then downhill from there to an old Yamaha 175 twin road bike I used for commuting in the late 70's and then a Yamaha 150 dirt bike I used for a few years around the farm in the 80,s since that time I left darkest Africa in the Early 90,s by a 30 ft sailboat and eventually settled in the USA and so at the age of 76 have had to go through the licencing story for motor cycles all over again. The reason for the motor cycle is that I have an RV and do not want to tow a car around so have a stand for the motor cycle that fits into the RV tow bar and so will be transport whenever I can retire again. An by the way I am 76 and have bigger ears, drive a Japeese ford given to me and drive it as fast as I can.

Old 03-22-2021, 03:57 PM   #82

Lifan xpect 200cc clutch lever

So I recently took a fall & the stock clutch lever broke on the first fall, I was wondering if anyone knows what clutch lever fits on the lifan x-pect 200 cc

Old 03-26-2021, 12:29 PM   #83

check Amazon. there is a set from FXCNC that is supposed to fit. handle bars are 7/8"