Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2020, 01:06 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Dragon View Post
The Kayo T4 may have just moved up on my list of which motorcycle to buy! I was just messaging Joe Henner('The RXB guy') and he himself is familiar with Kayo and has even considered becoming a dealer. Better yet, he indicated that all of his performance parts will work on the T4!

Now, unless I find a really good deal on a 2018+ Kawasaki KLX250(EFI would be nice!), the T4 might be the one.
I saw some of the kids ATVs at a dingy Chinese motorsports dealership in downtown L.A. a couple years ago when I lived there. The quality was very obvious as compared to the $500 no-brand quads they also had (cannot recall the prices of the Kayo). The salesguy said that the Kayo were way above the quality of the other brands. Yes, that is a sales pitch, but I started reading up on them and they had an article linked on their website from a mainstream magazine about their 150cc Storm ATV and it had nothing but good things to say about it. That was before they came out with their 200cc Jackal. Like I have said before, I think they are probably on par with Pitster Pro/GPX. It has been believed that the RXB might be OEM'd by Kayo in China.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-11-2020, 02:47 PM   #32

I was one of the lucky ones that picked up a Kayo K6 rebranded as a Pitster LXR250 on closeout. It's a good bike. The NC250 engine has been dyno'd and it only has 22.5 Hp. The 300cc kit was a cheap and worthwhile upgrade.

It will be nice when these bikes start getting lighter. The weight makes a used Euro bike more appealing if you primarily ride offroad. Newer & cheaper are nice, but there's nothing you can do to shed 25 or 30 lbs from them.

I'm using mine as a dual-sport and it's great for that. Looks really good with an Acrebis 4.1 gallon tank & a pair of soft bags.

Old 07-14-2020, 06:02 PM   #33

So....I went back to the dealer again to get more/better pictures of the T4. Yeah......i guess you could say that I'm also quite close to biting the bullet on this bike.

FYI, the exhaust is already quite nice so I doubt i would mess with it.....just air/intake and jetting among some of the first things i would/will do. Also, seems to be plenty of room behind the cover for a larger sprocket.(i would likely go up to 15 from the stock 13).

Photos from today https://photos.app.goo.gl/6D91KkjeRuzAYnCq8

Old 12-10-2020, 12:25 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Dragon View Post
So....I went back to the dealer again to get more/better pictures of the T4. Yeah......i guess you could say that I'm also quite close to biting the bullet on this bike.

FYI, the exhaust is already quite nice so I doubt i would mess with it.....just air/intake and jetting among some of the first things i would/will do. Also, seems to be plenty of room behind the cover for a larger sprocket.(i would likely go up to 15 from the stock 13).

Photos from today https://photos.app.goo.gl/6D91KkjeRuzAYnCq8
So, 4x4 Dragon, did you ever pull the trigger on the T4? They've recently shown up at a local dealer here in Abq NM and I'm super-intrigued.
I have a Husky FE350, but it's so damn tall! I also have a stock Crf230F that I was thinking about upgrading the suspension, but for the cost, I could lower the 230F for my son and pick up a T4 (with fully adjustable suspension) for myself. I can guarantee the 230 motor is plenty of grunt for rocky mountain gnar and fast, whoopy desert.....fast enough for me that is.
Just curious if you went with the T4 or decided on something else.
I'm also looking at the Crf250F, but it would require a full suspension rebuild as well.
J