Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #1

W&G asked...so here ya go.

I figured this was a good time to do the pics as I was mothballing her this weekend. I didn't have the room in my little garage with all the other bikes but I just don't have the guts to sell her yet.
Our friend we've been helping with the log house in Pine Grove was kind enough to allow me to store it there....the price? Clean the garage! Well worth the cost to know she's in a safe spot.

In 1975, Husqvarna made three 250's. A WR, a CR and also, this GP. It's known as a 250 GP Heikki Mikkola Replica.
As some here know, Heikki Mikkola, "The Flying Finn", is a 4 time Motocross World Champion.

Back then, no country on Earth had the metal working skills of the Swedes....and this bike shows it. A true piece of work, to be sure.

Enjoy the tour!

Her she is...basking in the sun through the trees....

A no-frills bike. Not even a kick stand. Race only.
The wooden stand it lives on is from 1975. Living proof if you oil-soak plywood, it has the half-life of Uranium. 8)

The heart of the beast. Engine is made of magnesium. Frame, 3140 Swedish chromemoly. Every weld, by hand, of course.

Proud of their heritage....and show it as often as possible.

Fox Gas Shocks. State of the Art back then.

The Helm. Hang on. I'm not kidding. I ported the heck out of it in my younger, racing days. To radical for this guy now.

Find these anymore anywhere????

The Bing. Made for speed. No choke. Tickle to flood, kick your butt off.
I upgraded the reeds cage back then to Boysen dual reeds.

Akront "Yellows". Light as a feather. Bent like rubber. 8O

Nope.....have never polished that. It just never looked bad. Ain't she 'perdy'!?

Here we go with the Swede's again. Back then....hand-welding aluminum.

Me and her.....final pic before burial.

May she rest in peace.....but she will rise again!

I can't tell you how much this bike means to me. She's tried to kill me so many times but also, brought me so many victories. PLus....she's the last bike my brother rode before the Lord took him home. Yup...a special bike indeed.
Hope you enjoyed the show!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #2

Wow, thanks for the tour!

Those are some wide tillers! I bet you need that leverage to control it. I know what CR and WR means, but what is a GP (aside from the obvious Grand Prix, of course)?

I work for a Swedish company, and I can certainly attest to the weld quality and craftsmanship. Outstanding equipment manufacturers.

I also have a bike that I've had for a long time (since '84), and it was the last bike my brother rode before he passed. I'm lovingly restoring that bike for Son of Weldangrind to enjoy. Thank you for sharing that story.

You're in good shape yourself!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #3

x2 Thanks for the great Story! I remember when I first got into real Motocross racing. My Cousin used to drag me along with him. Guessed what he raced? Yep - A Husky Just like yours! Thanks for the memories!

I can remember how bad I wanted a bike after seeing his husky run. I remember going to the tracks and it seemed every other bike was a Husky. They must have been very popular.

I am glad to see you hang on to this bike - It is a great part of motocross history.

Again - Thanks for the story - I enjoyed it greatly.
2009 Qlink XF200 Supermoto
1982 Honda CM200 Bobber - SOLD
2003 JEEP Liberty SPORT = 3" Lift
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ - Family Cruiser