Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2016, 10:19 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by '16 TT250 View Post
Good option.
Maybe, but the OP said the Hawk was perfectly within their budget, so costing more than the Hawk, the TT250 may not be.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-22-2016, 10:55 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
Maybe, but the OP said the Hawk was perfectly within their budget, so costing more than the Hawk, the TT250 may not be.
Good point, money changes everthing.

I would consider:

My mechanical ability

My expectations of cust. Support from the dealer.

And of course, the spending budget.

Tt 250 ends up at 25- 2600 I believe. Vs budget bike, plus ttl plus assembly cost etc, plus future cost of lesser customers support.

I would put the pencil to it real quick and then decide if the extra expenses are worth it.

Good luck, glad you joined us Nick
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-22-2016, 11:24 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Found it .....
Thanks! i could not find a video like this for some reason, the only one i saw was like a slide show and had me lost

Old 05-22-2016, 11:30 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Good point, money changes everthing.

I would consider:

My mechanical ability

My expectations of cust. Support from the dealer.

And of course, the spending budget.

Tt 250 ends up at 25- 2600 I believe. Vs budget bike, plus ttl plus assembly cost etc, plus future cost of lesser customers support.

I would put the pencil to it real quick and then decide if the extra expenses are worth it.

Good luck, glad you joined us Nick

Thanks to everyone who has and has tried to help. i have always wanted to ride when i was younger, & Being new at this as an adult i get to feel all the stress that comes with making a big purchase, haha.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:32 AM   #20

My TT was a few cents shy of $2200 OTD and Ca. has some of the highest tax and registration fees in the nation. I got in on the pre-purchase price of $1800 and they were supposed to go to $2400 or so, but I've heard they're selling them for $1895. I don't know what the Hawk sells for.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:25 PM   #21

Hawk runs $1350 + depending on who you order from and where you live.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Andrew93

newrider93 AKA Andrew93

Old 05-23-2016, 12:47 AM   #22

So if they're still offering a good price on the TT it's about $600 more for an assembled bike with many upgrades over the Hawk, might be worth looking into for someone that doesn't want to assemble. BUT, someone not comfortable assembling is also unlikely comfortable doing maintenance and repairs so that should be considered before buying any of these if they're in an area without support for warrantee and stuff. I don't know if CSC pays shops under warrantee or just supplies the parts, I didn't bother checking since I'm close to them and will do my own repairs anyway.

It would suck for a non-wrencher to have a warrantee covered breakdown and not get full service. No idea what the Hawk's warrantee is, CSC is one year unlimited miles.

EDIT: forgot they also have a crating fee for shipping assembled bikes, I think it's $125.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:17 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by '16 TT250 View Post
So if they're still offering a good price on the TT it's about $600 more for an assembled bike with many upgrades over the Hawk, might be worth looking into for someone that doesn't want to assemble. BUT, someone not comfortable assembling is also unlikely comfortable doing maintenance and repairs so that should be considered before buying any of these if they're in an area without support for warrantee and stuff. I don't know if CSC pays shops under warrantee or just supplies the parts, I didn't bother checking since I'm close to them and will do my own repairs anyway.

It would suck for a non-wrencher to have a warrantee covered breakdown and not get full service. No idea what the Hawk's warrantee is, CSC is one year unlimited miles.

EDIT: forgot they also have a crating fee for shipping assembled bikes, I think it's $125.

Im a handy guy, ive worked on my car (replacing alternator, water pump, starter. i even replaced my entire exhaust system from the catalytic converter all the way to the muffler by myself) but its much easier to take something, that is already properly put together, apart then put everything back rather than putting something together that i have no idea where the part goes in the first place (as i have never owned or worked on bikes before)

Old 05-24-2016, 09:27 AM   #24

X2 Nick. I agree completely. I'm relatively handy, willing to learn and good at following instructions, but it's another level to throw a bunch of parts at a guy and say, "put this together," when you've never done it before.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-24-2016, 11:16 AM   #25

The TT250 price breaks down to this:

$1895 TT250
150 Crate fee
230 Doc and Assembly
$2,275 out the door price

The Hawk is about 1,350 out the door. (you have to assemble and there are some reg issues depending on your state)

When I was on my quest for a dual sport the TT250 was just a little to close to a couple year old Honda CFR250L. If the TT250 were $1,800 out the door I'd have one. The Hawk is nearly $1000 less then the TT250. If you go in with a buddy you can get a hawk from APSCUSA for $1,200 terminal shipped.

Fortunately for all of us we have all these great choices. For me the hawk was the right choice. For others who don't want to wrench the TT250 is a great choice. If I was going to use the bike to take trips through Death Valley or as a daily highway driver, the Honda would the best choice.

Choices are great.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:22 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
The TT250 price breaks down to this:

$1895 TT250
150 Crate fee
230 Doc and Assembly
$2,275 out the door price

The Hawk is about 1,350 out the door. (you have to assemble and there are some reg issues depending on your state)

When I was on my quest for a dual sport the TT250 was just a little to close to a couple year old Honda CFR250L. If the TT250 were $1,800 out the door I'd have one. The Hawk is nearly $1000 less then the TT250. If you go in with a buddy you can get a hawk from APSCUSA for $1,200 terminal shipped.

Fortunately for all of us we have all these great choices. For me the hawk was the right choice. For others who don't want to wrench the TT250 is a great choice. If I was going to use the bike to take trips through Death Valley or as a daily highway driver, the Honda would the best choice.

Choices are great.
Well said

How much more for a out the door price of a Honda cfr250l above a tt250. About $3000 more right?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-24-2016, 11:39 AM   #27

The Honda was $5,700 out the door in CT.

They are awesome, fuel injected, Honda reliable. But $5,700 for a toy. Oh I forgot to add if you are planning on sticking 30 foot jumps and skipping whoops on the rear tire, get a honda or KTM or something with race cred.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:48 AM   #28

Quote:
The Honda was $5,700 out the door in CT.

They are awesome, fuel injected, Honda reliable. But $5,700 for a toy. Oh I forgot to add if you are planning on sticking 30 foot jumps and skipping whoops on the rear tire, get a honda or KTM or something with race cred.
Wow, it you don't need the capabilities of the honda, this illustrates just what a great value even the tt250 is.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:09 PM   #29

There are no bad choices.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:28 PM   #30

Quote:
There are no bad choices.
ditto !

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Tags
new rider, rps hwk 250