Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2020, 10:07 PM   #1

Tips or advice about the Corona Virus?

I have been through hurricanes a few times, but I have no experience with a pandemic. I work in a big metro area, so catching the virus is pretty much inevitable.
-Anybody have any advice preventing infection and riding out the resulting quaranteen?

Old 03-11-2020, 11:33 PM   #2

Same thing you would do for the flu, wash hands, don't touch people, don't get stuck in crowded spots you can't move, etc. If you have a healthy immune system you'll be fine, just don't go out if you get it so to not spread it but (the media) calling this a pandemic is a little extreme.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelightning85 View Post
Same thing you would do for the flu, wash hands, don't touch people, don't get stuck in crowded spots you can't move, etc. If you have a healthy immune system you'll be fine, just don't go out if you get it so to not spread it but (the media) calling this a pandemic is a little extreme.
Best advice.
I might add, read Douglas Adams ‘Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy’ and Don’t Panic. Those who know, know.
Now where’s my towel?

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-12-2020, 08:46 AM   #4

I work for a nursing home in nj the best thing to do is practice good hygiene. Wash your hands, dont touch your face. Use common sense if you dont have to be in a large group of people dont. As for the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy thanks for the fish!

Old 03-12-2020, 08:59 AM   #5

I just found out that my co-worker, two doors down, is travelling to Italy next week on business. Hopefully, the company will not allow him to back in the building for a few weeks after his return.

Old 03-12-2020, 10:02 AM   #6

There's an old Finnish saying that goes sth like: If sauna, booze and tar doesn't help, 'tis what claims you. Got all three so should be good (though to this day haven't figured out what the tar is for but supposedly high heat and alcohol does kill the bug)
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 `07 Streetfighter-quad

Old 03-12-2020, 10:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
I just found out that my co-worker, two doors down, is travelling to Italy next week on business. Hopefully, the company will not allow him to back in the building for a few weeks after his return.

I seriously doubt that trip will happen, now that the CDC has put everyone in "the sky is falling" mode.

Old 03-12-2020, 11:18 AM   #8

The president's new travel restrictions currently affect only Europeans flying to the States. US citizens can still fly in from Europe, if I read it correctly.

Old 03-12-2020, 11:19 AM   #9

I'm going to play hermet even more than usual. Easy for me because I'm retired and live in a rural area. I order groceries online so i never have to enter a store. Don't even have to get out of the car at the gas station since there is no self serve in Oregon.

Old 03-12-2020, 11:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I'm going to play hermet even more than usual. Easy for me because I'm retired and live in a rural area. I order groceries online so i never have to enter a store. Don't even have to get out of the car at the gas station since there is no self serve in Oregon.
Sounds like my kinda place. Add a sauna somewhere and that's the last you hear of me.
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 `07 Streetfighter-quad

Old 03-12-2020, 11:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
I agree with minimac on this. Italy is in lockdown as of yesterday and Air Canada has suspended flights to Italy. It'll be a matter of time before other airlines follow.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-12-2020, 11:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddball Matt View Post
There's an old Finnish saying that goes sth like: If sauna, booze and tar doesn't help, 'tis what claims you. Got all three so should be good (though to this day haven't figured out what the tar is for but supposedly high heat and alcohol does kill the bug)
Tobacco would be my guess.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-12-2020, 12:53 PM   #13

Logically speaking, alcohol kills germs, so I've upped my intake of Crown....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-12-2020, 01:40 PM   #14

I'm hording toilet paper, so when the diarrhea hits, I've got all the protection I need.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:20 PM   #15

How to piss people off in 2020
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B0AA9643-594D-4868-9C8C-BF640EE3867A.jpg (21.0 KB, 101 views)
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!