Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2020, 12:20 PM   #31

I thought I had this beer virus beat Thursday morning. Woke up with no fever and very mild symptoms. I was thinking to myself that life could somewhat return to normal after 72 hours without fever.
-Well, the fever has come back every night since with a vengeance. The beer virus doesn't leave until it is good and ready.

Old 08-09-2020, 02:17 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
I thought I had this beer virus beat Thursday morning. Woke up with no fever and very mild symptoms. I was thinking to myself that life could somewhat return to normal after 72 hours without fever.
-Well, the fever has come back every night since with a vengeance. The beer virus doesn't leave until it is good and ready.
Yes, my experience exactly. 10 days into it woke up feeling better with no fever or headache and felt even better the next day, and even took the bike out for a spin. Day 3 woke up feeling good and that evening it came back with a vengeance, much worse than the first 10 days. There were 3 days that I seriously considered calling the squad because I was lightheaded from not getting enough oxygen. At the end of the 33 days it just kinda tapered off, but I can tell it did some damage to my lungs, I get out of breath even walking a short distance. But the Doc says that should reverse itself in 7 to 12 months.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 08-10-2020, 01:29 PM   #33

Wow. I hope it doesn't take you 7 to 12 months to fully recover.
The wife and I are having a better day, today. We will find out tonight if the fever is coming back.

Old 08-12-2020, 09:46 AM   #34

Things are very quiet around the house. Nobody speaks because they don't want to trigger a 45 minute coughing fit.
-Looks like we finally got all the fever out of here, but the pesky cough lingers.
-I had a lot of trouble keeping one work project separate from the next. I have not been able to compartmentalize well. The clients, job sites and details just seem to swirl together in my head.

Old 08-12-2020, 02:57 PM   #35

Quote:
Things are very quiet around the house. Nobody speaks because they don't want to trigger a 45 minute coughing fit.
-Looks like we finally got all the fever out of here, but the pesky cough lingers.
-I had a lot of trouble keeping one work project separate from the next. I have not been able to compartmentalize well. The clients, job sites and details just seem to swirl together in my head.
I just read an article (and have read past articles) on how COVID is supposedly affecting many people who have had it with cognitive issues.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-12-2020, 04:41 PM   #36

I had an appointment with my GP yesterday, not Beer virus related. He's on the Covid Task Force to figure out how to open up the schools in ND. He didn't have any real idea how it could be done and was totally stressed out that it was even happening. Around here in Bismarck for the most part, people are acting like there's no problem. The Doc said however, that ICU's in town were full, and they were having to ship patients 200 miles away to Fargo. Also, he said most of the doctors and the hospitals are going broke because their normal money makers are being put off.

Old 08-12-2020, 05:06 PM   #37

That's were MI was a few months ago. Now even though the positive test are high the hospitals are empty. Magically most people have no or very minor symptoms. Hospital my wife works at has 3 or patients in for covid and they are just precautionary.

Our kids doing 'virtually school" which I'm sure is going to be a disaster. But the rules for them going back is basically isolation and zero interaction so she might as well stay home.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 08-13-2020, 12:00 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
Our kids doing 'virtually school" which I'm sure is going to be a disaster.
That's what's happening here. Our "adopted daughter" (she adopted us) has been a straight A student her entire school career. Got accepted to a nursing school in SF last year. In class and clinicals, she kept her 3.8-4.0 gpa.....until Covid and virtual learning.
She struggled with her classes, there was zero one-on-one with the teachers, and got a D in Pharmacology last semester. The school canned her because she wasn't "up to their standards". She was devastated.
After multiple correspondents, they allowed her back in but she has to retake the entire semester. Yep....every class. Not just Pharmacology.

If anyone thinks that having your kids stare at a PC by themselves replaces actual, in-person learning by a trained instructor, they're kidding themselves.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-13-2020, 12:30 PM   #39

thankfully ours is only going into first grade. she does a good bit of digital learning now with abcmouse and a flashcard app for number, letters and sounds. if this doesn't pan out she will probably be home schooled until this crap is over.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 08-31-2020, 09:31 PM   #40

Its been a month since I tested positive, so I will give a little summary.
-Normal allergy/cold symptoms for about 5 days after positive test.
-Cough and fever hit after 5 days. Sweats and chills most of the night for 5 nights or so.
-Cough got WORSE for 5 days after the fever was done. I could hardly speak a word without starting a coughing fit.
-After the cough subsided, my wind pipe has still been sore every day. Its a wierd soreness that I have never experienced.
-Be careful and don't catch this pesky virus.

Old 08-31-2020, 11:27 PM   #41

Quote:
-Cough and fever hit after 5 days. Sweats and chills most of the night for 5 nights or so.
-Cough got WORSE for 5 days after the fever was done. I could hardly speak a word without starting a coughing fit.
-After the cough subsided, my wind pipe has still been sore every day. Its a wierd soreness that I have never experienced.
Crazy! How is your mind lately, as you mentioned your cognition seemed to be messed with? You not mentioning it in your post means your brain is fine, or you forgot to mention it

I had a bad cough months ago, but over the course of 3 months, tested negative. My son and I work at the same employer. They offered free testing the day after Memorial Day. The lab and/or the clinic messed up results, so word got out that if you didn't hear from them, contact them directly (as opposed to internet log-in) but those with positive results would be contacted. My son missed a call from them, and a few weeks later, probably when I started this post, he developed a really bad cough. He went to the urgent care and tested again. He came back positive, which is what the clinic was trying to get hold of him for weeks earlier. That is all he had; no fever, aches, anything. Just a bad cough. I took several days off work and before he got his results we stayed in the old Silver Streak trailer out back that my wife used to use as her art playhouse. At any rate, I was negative once more and my son got over his cough. Fast forward to early August, and my work offered antibody testing. I was upset my son did not take advantage because I wanted to see if he really had COVID to confirm or dispute all the news about false negatives, false positives, and antibody testing not accurate, etc. My antibody test came back negative. It seems that there were many people here in Yuma who were asymptomatic. I had been told at work by the OHN that I had been possibly exposed by one of my co-workers, later figured out by us to be a supervisor. He left work on March 27 feeling really ill, and we never saw him again until his wake on June 1. None of us in the office area where we worked together got COVID since late March, early April. It seems there are numerous asymptomatic cases, at least down here. But it makes me think where the people I know, such as a my co-worker or my son caught it. My theory is that my son hangs out with his co-workers in the border town, San Luis, AZ and just across the border in San Luis, Rio Colorado, Sonora, Mexico was/is a hotspot, and my co-worker lived there and traveled across the border often as many people who live in San Luis, AZ do for shopping, medical care, visiting family, etc.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-01-2020, 07:20 PM   #42

The brain fog is much better, Culcune. I am able to recall which Real Housewives are in which city (Beverly Hills, Orange County, Atlanta, New York, etc) now when my wife talks about them by their names.
-Still some foggyness, but doing better.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #43

Hmmm..
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 09-02-2020, 11:33 AM   #44

Quote:
I am able to recall which Real Housewives are in which city (Beverly Hills, Orange County, Atlanta, New York, etc) now when my wife talks about them by their names.
Don't feel too bad wheelbender. Now that Mrs. 2LZ has been working from home since March, she takes her lunch during The Bold and the Beautiful. I've become far too versed on it just by passing through the living room while it's on......

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-03-2020, 04:29 PM   #45

Quote:
One symptom I forgot to mention was diarrhea. I had mild diarrhea while I had fever. Once or twice a day.
-Two of my relatives, unfortunately, had much stronger diarrhea symptoms with covid. They had to guzzle fluids all day to stay replenished. Yuck.