Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #616

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNrider View Post
Yahoo!!!! Quick put mine together first!!!! The White one needs to be first!!!! Please!!!
No, sorry, the black ones come first.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-04-2016, 06:06 PM   #617

Head Scratching East coast south Carolina

Anyone in south Carolina getting a TT250 or just me

Old 05-05-2016, 12:03 AM   #618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Phew....finally got all caught up on this thread and welp...Depending on how my taxes go this year...I may end up ordering a TT this summer....But if not this summer it will be next summer for sure once i get out of school. I have my DT and my new to me XL to play with till then.

So as Spud would say I have been assimilated...just not fully at this point..
Resistance is futile, you will be fully assimilated.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-05-2016, 12:06 AM   #619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaniba View Post
Hey folks,

Thanks for the entertainment in this thread. I see you folks are quite anxious for your TT250s! I found you guys from Spud advertising in a CSC thread on ADVrider about his forum here.

A little about me -- I have an R1200GS that I ride in the woods. I'm a big guy, 6'2, ~275 (depends on lunch, really) -- I just put on some Anakee Wilds on my GS for this season, but every time I bring the big girl in the woods, I nearly lay it down, and it's such a monster to hold up in off camber situations, I started considering getting a smaller bike, in addition. I love exploring dirt roads, fire roads, often turning into single track, often rocky, often muddy nonsense.

Well, I threw my legs over some honda 250s, 450s, etc -- Just looking. I look at the price and say I can do a lot of repairs to my big girl for that kind of money... but it's still the weight issue...

So, I ended up googling something like "best dual sport bike" on 4/20 or something and I found revzilla had an article about the TT250 for like $1895 -- I thought, perfect! Sounds exactly what I need for a 2nd bike -- way nicer than spending $6k just to putter around a bit with something smaller. After reading that article, I read about the RX3 -- Clearly, I had heard about these backwards as the RX3 was already in the states, officially last year! After reading those reviews, I was really tempted to dump my GS and buy one! Luckily, I came to my senses. Selling bikes leads to the dark side. (Sorry, it is may 4th...)

I showed it to my wife, her first words were "How big is the engine? What do you mean it's only a 250!?" -- I then tried to explain to her about proper gearing, that we don't need to do 134mph on my GS even though the gearing would let it do so! She still wasn't amused by the thought. Then, I told her maybe I'll buy her one. Ladies often do like to receive gifts!

I scheduled a meeting on 4/25 with one of the folks that signed up for the affiliates program just over an hour from my house. I just wanted to see with my own eyes if what I was reading EVERYWHERE was true -- Chinese, with some sort of craftsmanship?!

Sure enough, I really couldn't fault the RX3 at all. I dragged the wife to come see it with me. She really did like it, and now kinda got excited about it. It wasn't tiny, and the guy who owned it was a tall guy, not a little guy that couldn't ride a GS... My wife won't ride my GS because it's just too big.

My thoughts...

Are the bags tiny? Of course. Is it a 200mph motorcycle? Of course not. Is it a great little scoot around for the pricetag? Sure as hell is! In my opinion, the RX3 is a Good bike at $6-7k, and a GREAT bike around the $4k mark.

So, I really liked that little RX3, but my needs were really more for the woods, so the TT250 seemed a better choice. But... I really dig the RX3 as well... Decisions, Decisions.

So, I made the only reasonable choice, I bought both. The wife can ride the RX3, and I'll just choose which I want to ride, the TT or the GS. Order #3601 and 3602 on 4/26, for those keeping score, or whatever.

Thankfully, this week is cold and rainy here in CT, so I'm not itching to go ride so much, but I can't say that I'm not excited for BOTH bikes!

Dave aka Ghan
Northeastern CT
Your first post has 11 likes, and I'm sure it will get more. That must be a new record here at China Riders.

As I say in my signature, "there's nothing wrong, if you own a Zong." The only thing better than owning one Zongshen motorcycle, is owning two.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-05-2016, 12:11 AM   #620

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
First container to arrive at CSC this Friday! WOO HOO!
Thanks for posting the alert, 2LZ.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-05-2016, 12:17 AM   #621

Ghaniba... 2 bikes for the price of one, sounds like a good decision to me
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-05-2016, 09:48 AM   #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
The only thing better than owning one Zongshen motorcycle, is owning two.
You know, if I do like the RX3 a lot.... I might have to find out what's better than owning two...

Dave

Old 05-05-2016, 12:33 PM   #623

Quote:
You know, if I do like the RX3 a lot.... I might have to find out what's better than owning two...

Dave
OH OH,!! Spud, I think he's been infected....
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 05-05-2016, 12:41 PM   #624

Quote:
Y'know, Zongshen has this nifty RC3 sport bike that might be just the thing for urban riding...

Old 05-05-2016, 01:17 PM   #625

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
OH OH,!! Spud, I think he's been infected....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
Y'know, Zongshen has this nifty RC3 sport bike that might be just the thing for urban riding...
Resistance is futile.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-05-2016, 02:39 PM   #626

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Resistance is futile, you will be fully assimilated.

Does not help matters that i have been cleared to buy one by the wife to be....So it will most likely be happening
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 05-05-2016, 06:20 PM   #627

Hey Spud, Weld and a few notable others. Remember my waiting for "Waldo" (my first adventure in china bikes)? happened across that thread today and it reminds me so much of waiting now for the tt250's to arrive. Interesting to re read that thread with the contributions by you two, culcune some other old timers, and of course, Phil worth a re read if only for the drama LOL.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=5313
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 05-05-2016, 06:35 PM   #628

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
Hey Spud, Weld and a few notable others. Remember my waiting for "Waldo" (my first adventure in china bikes)? happened across that thread today and it reminds me so much of waiting now for the tt250's to arrive. Interesting to re read that thread with the contributions by you two, culcune some other old timers, and of course, Phil worth a re read if only for the drama LOL.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=5313
Just read through that thread and that's a lot like how I feel waiting for these things, though at least I'm pretty sure I'll get the right color and bike from CSC!

It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't missing prime riding season before it gets hotter here in Utah.

Current: CSC TT250

Old 05-05-2016, 10:26 PM   #629

Question

Looks like the first shipment of TT250's will be arriving tomorrow! In your past experience, does anyone know how many bikes are in each shipment? Just curious if I might be apart of the first shipment or not. My order number is 5** so I'm curious if I'm gonna be the 8th shipment or the first.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:23 AM   #630

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWDualRider View Post
Looks like the first shipment of TT250's will be arriving tomorrow! In your past experience, does anyone know how many bikes are in each shipment? Just curious if I might be apart of the first shipment or not. My order number is 5** so I'm curious if I'm gonna be the 8th shipment or the first.

Typically 56 units in a 20' General Purpose container and 129 units in a 40' High Cube......