Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2010, 06:03 AM   #13

Hey CG....thanks man....i really appreciate your help buddy!!! Now i know,..... that its not just me! lol Youre right weldangrind,..odd that 2 bikes have the same electrical issue..
Thanks for that info Wng,...now that u mention it..there must be a wire shafed somewhere i hope, maybe causing a weak fire. Could be the switch or tach being Doc has changed all 3 units out of his already.. I sure hope so. im ready to make a sinker out of it! Anyone live near a cliff?
I ..i did change the plug yesterday, but it was another used one...yeah yeah i know,..not gonna help. So i pulled the plug wire, took the plug out and held it against the cooling fins once more to do a test. Well believe it or not, when i hit the start button.. it was firing(weak) and then quit while turning the engine over. !! 8O figured maybe i lost the ground not holding the plug correctly. But i trieded it again and same thing......would fire (weak) of course, and somewhat intermitt this time....
It has to be a ground problem or a shafed wire,..it has to be!!!. \
Check this out........... Now i did gently pull the coil wire to the right side of the engine before testing it , underneath the tank ,. thinking it should be there instead of directly over top the head.? Maybe there may be something with the coil wire...?
Well since the night i got stranded ..rrrrrrrr..... and let it cool down ,brought it back to my shop here, i havent been able to get her to start up since then and thats why i decided to check the fire again.
But why would it fire up after shes cooled off/..or at least so i can put my hand on the left side cover without burning it,.mostly just warm to the touch..
Doc, hate to deny it,... but im catching up with you man.....or at least got one paddle in your boat? Yeah sucks!!!
Thanks fellows for all your info and support,,,you guys are great!!!!
Now if the Long-dong...i mean Zongshen was as awesome as you guys then we'd be firing on all 4cyl's? Wait a min, it only has 1 :(