Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #1

kazuma cheetah 125 speed problems misfireing :(

hi guys ive recently bought a kazuma cheetah 125cc 4 stroke when i bought it it had no mot but everything seemed ok it was a kickstart as the guy we bought it from said that he tried to use electric start but just caused him problems so we kicked it over first time no problem.so we rode it home and got 65 mph no problem.

now ive just had it mot'd they replaced the wheel bearing a rewired a new light as old one wasnt road legal and they put the electric start battery pack on my bike as it was now getting colder and would need to up and go without any problems to work. so i payed my money and went on my way.

i tried the electric start as we left but nothing happened but was eager to ride so kicked it over and after 5 or 6 failed attempts my uncle kicked it over and we went on our way immediatly pulling a way seemed sluggish and slow the bike started misfiring backfireing and i tried to give the bike full throttle but the bike just spluttered like it wanted to give more but couldnt i managed to get 39 mph on the way home and wasnt pleased

does anyone have any ideas what this could be what i would need to do a list of things would be great as i can tinker over the weekend please let me know as soon as possible thanks guys

Old 11-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #2

Welcome!

For our non-UK friends, MOT means Ministry of Transportation. It's a mandatory inspection for bikes and cars that are over three years old.

Start with the basics. How old is the fuel? What type of spark plug is in there now? Nevermind that, just swap in a new NGK plug.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #3

ok i will have a look at these things this weekend and let u know how i get on does anyone else have any ideas ???

Old 11-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #4

What happens if you disconnect the battery? Does it still sputter? I am wondering if there is a short in the wiring. Otherwise I would lean toward a CDI box after you check the items Weld&Grind mentioned.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #5

Re: kazuma cheetah 125 speed problems misfireing :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamaj
///i managed to get 39 mph on the way home and wasnt pleased

does anyone have any ideas what this could be what i would need to do a list of things would be great as i can tinker over the weekend please let me know as soon as possible thanks guys
backfiring + slow as hell = did those "clown" fliped ur choke ?
It's off-brand bike . That manufacturer don't made street bike for doemstic chinese market (AS a parts supplier ONLY) . Plently of problems will happen in these off-brand bike, dl the Honda CG125 factory manual & DiY as possible :o
LiNK | join & dl @ Argentina site LinK

Old 11-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #6

I can't offer any additional advice, but I do wish to welcome you to these forums; we are glad you joined us. After you get your problems sorted out, please post some photos of your bike; we love photos!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #7

all the parts they replaced i had to get from a website as they couldnt find them all where right for my bike and were fitted i dont understand what you mean by flipped my choke does anyone else have any ideas ??

Old 11-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #8

http://hondacg125.awardspace.com/general.htm#Choke
Always ON = Always EXTRA fuel = BACKFIRE = unexpected High Temp KILLS parts..sss = ended up in Bike Breaker