Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 01:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
I know how I would tackle that problem. I would cut or grind that bracket off of the frame, cut out a new piece out of the same thickness mild steel scrap, and TIG weld it where it is supposed to be, and weld the other part of the frame to it. If you are nervous about doing this, any body who works on car and truck chassis collision repairs can do this. But if I had two grand invested in that bike, I wouldn't spend any money I didn't absolutely have to. If you can see this idea in your mind's eye, we'll proceed to the next problem.
I have a tig welder but Iam trying to get sickpowersports to let me return this bike before I do something that will mean they never will. There site says the bike has a 90 warranty and one year on the frame. I dont want to give them the excuse to void my warranty. Iam going to contact my Attorney General and the BBB. I will post feedback on sitejabber and facebook to see if I can get there attention. All I want to do is ride my brand new f ing bike is that too much to ask for? (really I want to know) Thanks again for taking the time to reply and for trying to help me out. Your the Greatest!!

Old 09-24-2016, 01:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I have a tig welder but Iam trying to get sickpowersports to let me return this bike before I do something that will mean they never will. There site says the bike has a 90 warranty and one year on the frame. I dont want to give them the excuse to void my warranty. Iam going to contact my Attorney General and the BBB. I will post feedback on sitejabber and facebook to see if I can get there attention. All I want to do is ride my brand new f ing bike is that too much to ask for? (really I want to know) Thanks again for taking the time to reply and for trying to help me out. Your the Greatest!!
I wish you all the luck in the world on getting superiormotorsport to do anything about your problem. But maybe pressure from the BBB wil get them moving.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:53 PM   #18

I look at chinese bikes and scooters as a "almost ready to ride kit" . Since we are essentially acting as a dealer (cutting out the middle man) we are pretty well responsible to put it in riding condition.

If a person is not willing to turn some wrenches they have bought the wrong bike. Not that a jap bike is that much better it has a middle man to put it together and turn wrenches and charge you 3 to 4 times as much as a chinese bike costs. Jap bikes still come with plenty of things wrong that our middle man (dealer) has to correct when he does the PDI.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct842 View Post
I look at chinese bikes and scooters as a "almost ready to ride kit" . Since we are essentially acting as a dealer (cutting out the middle man) we are pretty well responsible to put it in riding condition.

If a person is not willing to turn some wrenches they have bought the wrong bike. Not that a jap bike is that much better it has a middle man to put it together and turn wrenches and charge you 3 to 4 times as much as a chinese bike costs. Jap bikes still come with plenty of things wrong that our middle man (dealer) has to correct when he does the PDI.
I have no problems turning a wrench thats partly why I bought a bike kit but I cant turn a bolt for a part that was made defective from the factory. All Iam trying to do is get the parts to turn the bolts on. See Iam taped out I cant spend the money I already spent. I need the parts I paid for so I can get to turning some bolts. Does that clear it up for you?

Last edited by Merlin; 09-24-2016 at 08:11 PM.

Old 09-24-2016, 04:38 PM   #20

Other than the frame weld , what parts are missing or not built to useable standard.

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 09-24-2016, 05:12 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Other than the frame weld , what parts are missing or not built to useable standard.

Rear rim so warped its pulling the spokes out of the hub. The rear finder fell in two on my first gravel road. The rubber shim the gas tank sits on is missing. The rubber shims for the gas tank cover are missing. The head light housing came cracked. There's more but you get the idea.

Old 09-24-2016, 07:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Rear rim so warped its pulling the spokes out of the hub. The rear finder fell in two on my first gravel road. The rubber shim the gas tank sits on is missing. The rubber shims for the gas tank cover are missing. The head light housing came cracked. There's more but you get the idea.
Almost sounds like they robbed parts off it for other bikes and sold you what was left..

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 09-24-2016, 07:59 PM   #23

can I ask if you checked the spokes before you initially rode the bike ? Where did the fender fail ,did it crack through the mounting bolt holes or ?

Old 09-24-2016, 08:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
can I ask if you checked the spokes before you initially rode the bike ? Where did the fender fail ,did it crack through the mounting bolt holes or ?
I checked the spokes at 160 miles. Half where very loose. The finder broke right past the 4 bolts that hold it up towards the rear. I had already lock tightened those bolts before the fender broke. I hear it happens with this bike.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:09 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Almost sounds like they robbed parts off it for other bikes and sold you what was left..

Well it was there last bike.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:08 PM   #26

Merlin,
if I am understanding what bike you have, I *think* it's the same one I purchased from Superior Powersports back in January. while it was listed as a Roketa and had the DB-07 naming, when I looked at the sticker on the engine case, it was actually a Hawk imported by Ricky Power Sports (RPS).

IF that is the case, you might try contacting them directly to see if they have any way to help you would with SPS. Might be worth a try.

Regarding your initial post on this thread, you were pretty offensive toward the members here, complaining about not getting help. While we would like to, we are just consumers like you are. when it comes to dealing with a business, we're not in any better position than you are.

My experience with SPS was fine, but I did not have warranty claims as you are experiencing. my only problem was with regard to a notarized MCO that I needed. they did get that corrected for me.

I DO hope you get it resolved.

Dave

Old 09-25-2016, 03:13 PM   #27

Sorry, but just found more info. my bike was not the same as yours. Yours is the Storm type. RPS was not involved with those, so contacting them won't help, I expect. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Dave

Old 09-25-2016, 08:26 PM   #28

not sure why you are mad at us for not getting you the parts you need, but after the way you spoke of the people here, i for one would not even think about helping you, and i am one of the few bashan owners here ... dont give us a hard time because the bike you got was not in good shape, get on the people that sold it to you ... and for anyone else reading this, please think about getting paypal (if you dont already have it) and using it to buy your bike, so that you have a professional on your side when it comes to getting things fixed that were wrong (i.e. a refund)

Last edited by BARLOW; 09-28-2016 at 03:13 PM.

Old 09-25-2016, 08:54 PM   #29

Thumbs Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOW View Post
not sure why you are mas at us for not getting you the parts you need, but after the way you spoke of the people here, i for one would not even think about helping you, and i am one of the few bashan owners here ... dont give us a hard time because the bike you got was not in good shape, get on the people that sold it to you ... and for anyone else reading this, please think about getting paypal (if you dont already have it) and using it to buy your bike, so that you have a professional on your side when it comes to getting things fixed that were wrong (i.e. a refund)
I never gave anyone a hard time for not getting me parts? I just dont like azz hats coming into my threads where Iam asking for advice giving me a hard time. (ya know like you now) Ive received some help here and some s**t but mainly no help. Want to be helpful dont post in my threads if you got nothing helpful to say.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:00 PM   #30

i can, and will post when and where i feel the need. you were a jerk to people on here and when you were asked what help you needed, you talked about bad welds and bad parts ... none of us can help you with the warranty claim you need to make, and ranting about us is sure not the way to get any help ... for what it is worth, i do wish you the best of luck getting the parts you seek, i had no troubles getting the part i needed from them

Closed Thread