Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #16

Hahah yes the dealer is an ass indeed! I did raise hell and challenge him about the price, but after he told me you had to go 60 mph on the highway for at least an hour every day or else your battery wasn't sufficiently charged, I decided it was best I left before I started hitting the guy :x Also I honestly thought it was a wiring problem, if I had know it was a battery issue I would have done it myself :roll: ! Thanks for all help guys! Next time ill post the issue on the forums before the bike leave the garage. 8)

Old 10-24-2010, 07:55 PM   #17

The Dealer Is a Liar.... straight up!

Guys... I am a Chinese Only Dealer and I have about 40 of these Q-Link Models in the shop. I have had the exaxt same problem with several of these bikes. They sat in the main Dallas Q-Link warehouse for 1-1.5 years... and the batteries were sealed. They were dead, or almost dead when we got them. You got one of the old almost dead batteries.

Easy Solution: Replace the battery with a new one for the customer while he waits... No Charge, and it takes 5-10 minutes. It takes removing 2 easy screws on the left under seat side body cover. Then 2 10mm bolts for the battery keeper bracket. Then 2 10mm battery terminal bolts. I have done many....

I really hate dealers and repair shops that cheap customers..... because then I have to deal with customers that have a chip on their sholder. They come in on lie detector mode as they are use to being lied to and screwed.....

I have been in their shoes before, and hat the feeling of being ripped off!!!!

Chinese bikes and quads are so easy to work on.... and nothing should ever be too expensive.

Let me say as a Dealer ...... " I am very sorry you had to go through that". You can simply call your local BAR or beuro of automotive repair. They protect consumers against these things.... are free to you, and cover Motorcycle Shops too.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #18

Thanks for chimeing in here Doug. And it's good to see that there are good dealers out there. I bought my Qlink from a good dealer here in Michigan also. He bought his brother's Yamaha shop and he sells only China bikes now. He repairs all makes, however, and is great to talk to. I bought a scooter for my wife the same time as my bike. There was a problem with the starter and when called, he knew what the problem was. I loaded it up and brought it to his shop and he came out and repaired it on the trailer! I've been recommending him to others that are interested in a China bike.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #19

I just ordered a battey for the Lifan XR. I ordered one for a DR200SE just to make sure it is the same as Q's and indeed it is. Hope this helps.