Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2020, 04:18 PM   #1

2006 Hi-Bird 200cc Enduro

Hey Dudes! First off I just want to thank everybody for the info I have already found on this website. It's been very helpful. ��

So a little background story: A little over a year ago, I bought my first bike: a 2006 Hi-Bird 200cc Enduro for $500! I thought that was a great price for a motorcycle. Anyways, the previous owner was a girl and didn't really know anything about the bike. She was selling it as a 250 Enduro 2-stroke....not knowing anything about the bike myself, I took it for a short spin. It fired right up! It smelled a little weird and it was a little smoky when it started. I figured it had been sitting for a bit and could use an oil change.. I bought it, took it home and road it around my property. Trying to figure out more about the bike. Every couple bumps, the choke would come up and the gas cap would fall off ����♂️ I just put a zip tie around the choke to hold it down when Im not using it. Would shortening the wire to the choke help??? Also a couple other things: from my understanding, the bike is a 4 stroke! But I'm not a hundred percent sure, is that correct?? Ive rode it maybe 30 minutes since I've had it. I know it needs an oil change(can't see any oil in the eye sight) but not quite sure what type oil to use. Also I believe the previous owner used mixed fuel in it as well... I drained that all out and it's been sitting empty for awhile. I don't want to put the wrong gas in so I've been trying to figure out if it's 2 or 4 stroke and like I said I believe it's 4 but not 100% sure.....SO long story short I need some help please!

Would shortening the choke wire help from it bouncing up?
Is it a 2 stroke or 4 stroke?
What type of oil and gas should I use?
Where can I find a Replacement Gas Cap?
Is there a specific type of grease to use for the grease zerks?
Any good places to get replacement blinkers/rear light?

I believe that's it!!
I really appreciate any help you can provide!
Thanks for your time

Last edited by Jackfrostpyro; 09-18-2020 at 03:17 AM.

Tags
200cc, enduro, hi-bird, parts