Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2016, 09:40 AM   #1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
That is the definition of "runs like sh*t".
not really, prob one of the tt's w 15 front sprocket.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-29-2016, 10:16 AM   #1397

[QUOTE=celswick13;226536]As far as I can tell, the slide on the carb is working fine and the bike is at WOT.
I have not used GPS to verify top speed yet, I will soon.
I do know that at up to 40 everything is mostly accurate.

I have a tach and register about 8k Rpms at 50.
I've seen a top of 8.5k Rpms.

I keep hoping I'd find something wrong. I even triple checked the sprockets hoping I misread them.
I even plan on double checking my valve adjustment.

But so far I haven't found anything wrong.
So, time will tell.
It runs fine otherwise.

My TT has the same problem that is" 8000 rpm at 50mph". I don't have a tachometer but I do know a wound out motor and my bike is WOT at 50mph. It came delivered with 17 50 sprockets so I suspect the primary gearing is wrong on my bike. I did install a 43 tooth rear last night and it made a huge difference in the feel of the bike. 50 is no problem now with plenty left. I will have to ride it more to be convinced of the 43 tooth because now first gear is a little high.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:53 AM   #1398

Quote:
Originally Posted by celswick13 View Post
Actually it runs great, just won'tdo over 50.
Never has. Edit: other than a steep downhill section.
The exhaust and airbox were both done in the past few days, after going through other steps one at a time.

Once it hit 200 miles I changed the plug and oil, then ordered new jets, becausethe 108 is lean at my elevation.
I went to 110.
Ran fine, minor improvement in acceleration, but main thing was that it was no longer lean.

Adjusted valves that were way too tight.
Then removeded airbox lid after talking to Gerry at csc.
Had to go to 112 jet for that.
Feels nicer. No top end improvement.

Just added the exhaust and went to 115 jet within the past two days.
Not expecting any top end improvement. Hopefully once it loosens up after 500 miles or so. It just sucks trying to get around to ride it when I have traffic backed up behind me.

This wasn't a " I made changes and broke shit" post.
It was a "My bike has yet to go above 50, even though everything seems ok and I've made improvements" post.

Where most people say there bikes struggle from 50-60, mine has always struggled from 40-50.
Although that has improved a bit now.
Though I didn't push ours much during break in, I did ring it up a couple times to see what it "may" do in a few short bursts...but I purposely kept it around 45 mph and under on our back roads. Lots of varied throttle, etc...
These CG motors are very tight when new. I'm thinking give it its 500 miles and then open her up and check it with your GPS. These speedos do run opposite. When it registers 45, you're doing about 50 according to most reports.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 07-29-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:16 AM   #1399

Your going off indicated mph? Who knows? Gps asap just find an app

Not that this is your problem but heavy viscosity oils and over fills can make it fight for rpms. Just like drag in the water.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-29-2016, 11:17 AM   #1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
not really, prob one of the tt's w 15 front sprocket.
His original post says he checked sprockets and they are proper... who knows.

"I can't break 50mph unless going downhill. And yes. I have the proper sprockets."

Old 07-29-2016, 03:52 PM   #1401

New TT250 low seat kit! May work on the Hawk too? Seat Concepts makes a nice seat. I love the tall seat on my RX3. Quality stuff.

http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/TT250-...sc-300ttkt.htm

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 07-29-2016, 04:04 PM   #1402

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
New TT250 low seat kit! May work on the Hawk too? Seat Concepts makes a nice seat. I love the tall seat on my RX3. Quality stuff.

http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/TT250-...sc-300ttkt.htm
That sounds friggin' wonderful. I like that idea a lot! I'm on the short side for a bike like this and while I don't mind putting only toes down on both sides, it'd be a lot easier to teach my wife to ride if she could put both feet down at once.

Current: CSC TT250

Old 07-29-2016, 06:47 PM   #1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmst6829 View Post

My TT has the same problem that is" 8000 rpm at 50mph". I don't have a tachometer but I do know a wound out motor and my bike is WOT at 50mph. It came delivered with 17 50 sprockets so I suspect the primary gearing is wrong on my bike. I did install a 43 tooth rear last night and it made a huge difference in the feel of the bike. 50 is no problem now with plenty left. I will have to ride it more to be convinced of the 43 tooth because now first gear is a little high.
I've talked to csc about it a couple of times, but without more miles on it I can't really say that something is truly wrong.

I'll call csc back at 500 and then 1000.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:39 PM   #1404

Quote:
I have a tach and register about 8k Rpms at 50.
I've seen a top of 8.5k Rpms.
8000rpm on the 17/50 should be 60mph

if the speed is accurate, and the sprocket tooth count is accurate, then someone installed the wrong gears in the factory. (or you aren't getting into 5th gear)

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #1405

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
His original post says he checked sprockets and they are proper... who knows.

"I can't break 50mph unless going downhill. And yes. I have the proper sprockets."
well if there are different internal gears available on these we need to get that info asap. cscs hasn't said a thing about swaps for the tranny
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #1406

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
8000rpm on the 17/50 should be 60mph

if the speed is accurate, and the sprocket tooth count is accurate, then someone installed the wrong gears in the factory. (or you aren't getting into 5th gear)
what koh said

Old 07-30-2016, 10:28 AM   #1407

Oh gosh, with how these are massively produced, my feeling is I doubt that the Chinese have put much thought into making more than one set of tranny gears for these to assemble as fast as humanly possible. They're great at build/assemble but "options" are not really their gig. It would be interesting to see if there's two sets of clusters for the Zong CG but I highly doubt it. Just a feeling, no fact.

I'm still banking on it's not broke in yet....... These little things develop a ton of heat and friction in their early lives.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 07-30-2016, 04:33 PM   #1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Oh gosh, with how these are massively produced, my feeling is I doubt that the Chinese have put much thought into making more than one set of tranny gears for these to assemble as fast as humanly possible. They're great at build/assemble but "options" are not really their gig. It would be interesting to see if there's two sets of clusters for the Zong CG but I highly doubt it. Just a feeling, no fact.

I'm still banking on it's not broke in yet....... These little things develop a ton of heat and friction in their early lives.
Yeah I'm still leaning towards break in.
I think it's odd that it would be so "tight" compared to others, unless maybe something was installed wrong or torqued wrong, but I've seen no major signs of anything wrong.

Time will tell.

I'm installing a trail tech vapor on it right now.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:03 PM   #1409

Quote:
I'm installing a trail tech vapor on it right now.
One of the better upgrades on our Bashan was slapping on a Trail Tech Digital Speedo/Tachometer

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:16 PM   #1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
One of the better upgrades on our Bashan was slapping on a Trail Tech Digital Speedo/Tachometer
Which Trail Tech model did you use?

2016 CSC TT250