Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #1

Limited Beast leaking fuel

Hey my GF had had this 2010 limited beast for around 3 years, (one of the first owned in canada -- long before the auction had them!)

And it ran great, idled great. I started having problems with ignition cutting out. So after finding tons of shorts in the harness I ended up rewiring the whole machine. I also converted to a larger Battery that hangs just behind the rear shock.

Anyways fast forward half a summer, machine ran great, then all of a sudden it wouldn't start. Then I got it to start and it revved super high, then died. I couldn't get it to idle but it WOULD stay running (rough) if you gave it throttle.

Then I noticed tons of fuel leaking out of the carbs intake (where air filter attaches). This would mean either the flaot is sticking, or the needle is not seating. I ended up getting a free carb from a friend from a 09 beast 200, swapped the entire carb on, and SAME ISSUE.

Pulled the carbs apart, there is nothing blocking the needs (I can blow thru them just fine). And my GFs is SUPER clean, since the machine only has like 8 hours on it (if that).

So now I'm stumped, sorry for the LONG thread, any ideas???