Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #1

Giovanni Parts Problem

Well..I ordered an exhaust and and a performance CDI exactly last month. John, sent me the CDI, fast and also included a bonus memory case. But, unfortunately he did not have the exhaust in stock. I waited and waited but he never got them. After waiting over a month I requested a refund. The only reason I bought a performance CDI was to ship along with my muffler since shipping was cheap for additional items. He only refunded me $10 but I told him this was not my fault. I asked him if he had any other mufflers in stock and he told me that he could give me the 110cc performance exhaust if I paid $30 extra. I refused and told him that it goes on auction for less then $5! Now, John has not responded, even though I waited more than 3 days for a reply. He ONLY gave me $10 and told me that I can go buy it on auction in a rude way!

Looks like Giovanni's customer support is getting more and more worse! If they never had the exhaust, then they should have never shipping the CDI out. I paid $30 in total and only got a $10 refund for the exhaust. :evil:

Old 01-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #2

Hey Chap,

Nice to see you back in the forums.

Not to be a GIO Defender, but before Xmas I bought a 110cc Perf Exhaust and Perf CDI to be shipped together. Bought them both on auction. I don't recall the exact amount of the winning bids, but with auction price, auction fee, shipping and tax my total bill was $47 and change. (almost $50 bucks)

It sounds to me like it's about the same:
$30 initially.
$10 refund = $20
$30 + the $20 paid already and you have
$50 bucks...and you're farther than me to ship to, and I hear shipping has gone up some. Must be the Olympics! (Sorry couldn't resist everyone blames everything on the Olympics now)

I know when you get all these emails wanting extra cash it makes it look bad, but the 110cc exhaust usually sells for $15 plus 5 plus shipping plus taxes, which gets up to $30 in a hurry....the Monster exhaust is another matter though.

ADDITION: When I bought the CDi's my shipping to me was CDN$9.00. I just checked it now and it's CDN$15. Quite an increase.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #3

Yes, you are right. I will buy it again on giobikes...

Old 01-26-2010, 04:22 AM   #4

Here's a "good one".

My latest Gio order:
1 chain
1 fuel tank
1 150cc Monster exhaust

($6 of auction purchases up charged to over $60 delivered)

The chain is ok (how do you mess up a chain?), the fuel tank petcock handle broken off (shipped in an oversize box with no packing), and the exhaust is missing the clamp and 1/2 a gasket (yes, I was shipped 1/2 of a torn gasket).

The question (in the back of my mind) I have is: are GIO dealers treated this way?

As of yet, 2 days later, I have received NO response from my damaged shipment report. Second notification sent.

I have heard from John and replacements are shipped.

Replacements arrived, almost packed well, almost. Strange: I was shipped 2 out of 3 muffler attaching bolts, that I didn't ask for (and assumed they didn't have because I have never gotten muffler bolts from GIO before), so, I *guess* they have them.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #5

There's always parts.konkermotors.com - and you can always CALL me @ 877 689 1671 if you can't figure out which part co-incides with your bike. This goes for ALL chinese bikes, and ATV's. If you still need the parts, (Gasket, etc) i'm sure i have something that will match.