Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2018, 10:15 PM   #271

I have wayyy to many oil filters sitting in Utah waiting to be sent and sold.
PLEASE can yo help me out n promote? around 17 filters and maybe 8 small black strainers as well as 8 bags of O rings and sump plug washers.
It seems stupid to drag them back from the USA to China so selling them seems more useful to me as well as you customers etc

Old 07-27-2018, 10:05 PM   #272

YO, US of A folks: buy filters! I have.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:59 PM   #273

Have any of you that installed the 300 kit notice your gas mileage changed much or about the same? Thanks, rob

Old 07-28-2018, 02:44 PM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Have any of you that installed the 300 kit notice your gas mileage changed much or about the same? Thanks, rob

I think mine actually gets slightly better fuel economy than it did stock. Perhaps the higher compression allows me to run at lower rpms more.
1993 Fantic Key-Roo 250

Old 07-29-2018, 09:07 PM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanro View Post
RTC 300cc kit on its way, after major engine rebuild caused by a failed balancer shaft bearing.

Your engine is a Carb version right? What shape was the intake? a circle? or a slightly off circle?
I am curious if the intake port is a little different from Carb and EFI

Old 07-29-2018, 09:41 PM   #276

Nz, yes is carb, but I think the intake is the same in both versiĆ³n, from the pictures I saw. It's a circle, but can't remember if it's a perfect one and the engine is on the bike again now.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:34 PM   #277

Quote:
More mpg at 50-55mph on back roads, less mpg at 70-75mph on expressways, and it would not maintain 70-75mph before nearly as well as it does now. About the same at 60-65mph and around town.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #278

Quote:
Hi mate
Have you installed the 300 kit and new version over flow bottle yet?

Old 08-10-2018, 02:11 PM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Hi mate
Have you installed the 300 kit and new version over flow bottle yet?
I installed the water bottle, direct swap. The original bottle with the screw on lid was a real pain to get lid back on w/o cross threading. New one with rubber flip on/off lid is way better. Still need a funnel to get down to it, but at least I'm not cussing the threads.
Waiting on the 300 till this winter when I know I won't be needing my RX3. Still got a couple of months to go camping so we will see. Thanks for making such an effortless way to buy the kit and Kodos to your friend in Utah that did his part in the shipping and hauling it over from China and making it an effortless transaction on my part. rj

Old 08-13-2018, 01:47 AM   #280

Remember I will be in the USA Sept 30 till Oct 8th and I am happy to bring some stuff with me and you either collect from me or I will USPS or UPS as you like USA wide etc.

We will be landing at LAX driving to Vegas then Salt Lake City then Yellowstone park etc and back again either the same route or some other smaller route - Suggestions?

Old 08-14-2018, 11:49 AM   #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
More mpg at 50-55mph on back roads, less mpg at 70-75mph on expressways, and it would not maintain 70-75mph before nearly as well as it does now. About the same at 60-65mph and around town.
Hai sqwert. Just want to ask about the kit. Are you using your stock exhaust with the kit? If you do, will it becomes a problem in the future? My friend suggested that I upgraded the exhaust sistem to a bigger diameter pipe if I want to install a big bore kit.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:49 AM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paeksukis View Post
Hai sqwert. Just want to ask about the kit. Are you using your stock exhaust with the kit? If you do, will it becomes a problem in the future? My friend suggested that I upgraded the exhaust sistem to a bigger diameter pipe if I want to install a big bore kit.
Is your bike EFI with the Delphi system? Then I wouldn't suggest more and more changes as the map in the ECU may not manage the amount of changes.
My RX3 has the Big bore kit and I sold several to member here and other places etc and runs great without another exhaust etc - more mods would most likely need ECU remapping etc ( i really do not know either way for sure)

If your bike is a carb version then tuning is much more doable and re jetting or upgrading the carb is less trouble but adds to costs overall etc

To the stock ECU the 300 kit performs well and really transforms the engine to a much nicer and usable state then stock 250 (My opinion only) if you change more things do let use know how it runs etc as I do not know anyone else who has complete that amount of mods on a stock Delphi ECU.

The kit can be bought from me and international shipping (USD$200 plus shipping, USA is 450 with DHL most other places are $45 - $75 shipping etc)

I will be in the USA end next month and if your'e there I can send while I am there that does save and $25-$30

Old 08-16-2018, 10:16 PM   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paeksukis View Post
I considered upgrading the intake, exhaust, cam, and cylinder head, then decided against it. It always seemed those parts were well balanced with one another, but a little too much flow for a 250cc engine. Thus, a narrow, cammy power band. I felt that 300cc, with the stock intake, head, cam, and exhaust, would provide the same peak power at a slightly lower engine speed, and more torque across a lower and much wider power band. That has been my experience with increasing displacement with several other models from various manufactures, ranging from the Honda 100 and 125, 500, 550, and 650, stroking a SOHC 750 from 725 to 836cc, and a plethora of automotive engines from VW, Chevrolet, Buick, Oldsmobile, Ford, and Chrysler. My present highway tripper is a CB550 bored and stroked to 712cc. The 300 is delivering exactly what I wanted it to do. So, I suggest if you want a better bike for travelling, do the same. The only way I'd mess with the exhaust would be to remove weight. A fatter pipe will cut way back on width of powerband, low and midrange throttle response, and fuel efficiency.

Now, if you want a race-like power band and output, there are other bikes of different brands with the same basic engine. Some folks have claimed 45 horsepower from the NC250, so parts are available. The NC250 trans ratios are quite close so you can take advantage of significantly less power band in exchange for more peak power. It is very easy to get carried away with mods and ruin the gentle nature of the 300 with a stock intake, head, cam, and pipe.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:26 PM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
... To the stock ECU the 300 kit performs well and really transforms the engine to a much nicer and usable state then stock 250 (My opinion only) ...
Your opinion is correct. The 300, all else stock, is a couple MPH slower than the 250. Downhill with a tailwind. Uphill with a headwind, the 300 is a lot faster. Roads that had me working 3rd, 4th, and 5th are now easily cruised at lower RPM in 6th, hardly any downshifting, and a few MPH faster up the hills.

Anywho, highly recommend doing the 300 with all else stock. Ride it a few thousand miles. Then decide if you want any more mods. You won't be out much gaining valuable experience with the bore kit. If I wanted more I'd buy a bigger bike. The NC300 is that friendly.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:23 AM   #285

To totally rebuild re engineer the RX3 doesn't seem smart - then I would say buy a bike that meets your needs wants direct;y out of the box or close to it.
The 300 kit adds the bit that many have commented on that's lacking that little more grunt power torque or rideabilty without reving it.

i mean did we all buy the RX3 for its perfect amazing engineering? or a decent enough bike for a decent enough price?

Yes I sell the 300 kit so yes I like selling but I don't like wont sell shit or over state it to a realistic means.
no one ever moaned about the 300 upgrade after doing so, only praise cause the money spent (not expensive ) to the gain you get ( it kinda is missing stock) gives this decent enough bike a more decent ride

Disclaimer all the above is my opinion and suggest it is about the same as the other chaps opinions who did their 300 kits.
if I am wrong say so that's welcome
If I am talking shit or over stating speak up, or if our opinions are near to each other say so as well.

yes I booked my ticket to the USA - I also hope to have a 320mm front disc soon and work on the caliper bracket and or 4 piston caliper set up for the spoke wheels that most or all export bikes have.
My 4 piston caliper set up 320mm rotor is good I like it but it may improve with high brand copper based brake pads over the ones I have fitted which are Taiwan made. yet it is a good upgrade IMO