Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2017, 07:56 PM   #1

BMS Premier 150 scooter SHOCKS TOO STIFF

I bought a scooter. I love it, but the rear shocks are WAY too stiff. It is a DUAL shock GY6 scooter, and took one shock off. With one shock it is ALMOST perfect. The rear now moves and fronts don't bottom.

(I don't want to ride like this permanently, with one shock, because I fear tweaking the frame or GY6 engine/drive).

The fronts are too soft and bottom. With one of the two rear shock removed, off, it is just about perfect. The front and back are more balanced. I can make the fonts a little stiffer with a spring spacer and thicker oil, but for now the rears got to go WAY softer.

WHERE CAN I GET SOFTER 12.5" 5 to 12.75" (bolt eye center to center, clevis bottom) SOCKS?

eBay is sick with scooter/motorcycle shocks that might fill the bill but I don't want to buy them and find out they are as stiff or stiffer.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:46 PM   #2

Can the shock preload be dialed back? Banggood.com, aliexpress.com, or taobao.com. You'll need an agent for taobao.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Can the shock preload be dialed back? Banggood.com, aliexpress.com, or taobao.com. You'll need an agent for taobao.
No the shocks look of good quality, but they have no spring preload adjustment. I'll check out your links. THANKS!

Old 06-15-2017, 08:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
...You'll need an agent for taobao...
Depends what are u looking at. Some items/seller supports official forwarding service... The rate https://world.taobao.com/helper/know...m?kid=13063764
---
Change spring https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=544406468102

Last edited by humanbeing; 06-15-2017 at 09:15 AM.