Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2014, 09:40 PM   #31

It does look like the Jonway pipe would fit, but you could likely pick it up for less on Taobao.

The cat and the AIR-style device. It is the tube on the cylinder head, just in front of the spark plug, and it injects a puff of air into the exhaust stream to assist the cat. I'd block it off.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #32

Thanks for the ongoing write up on your new bike. Very timely for me, as I am thinking of buying a new Bashon 200:

http://powersportsbest.com/dirt-bike...new-model.html

I live on the big island of Hawaii, so shipping is more than for most buyers. I like that green color. Too bad about the gas leak.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #33

I looked at that place.. I got mine from HERE The shipping was free.. But the bike was more expensive LOL..I shopped around and all in all their price was best. I guess you will always get hit for shipping where you are. I'm only 5'6" and the 250 (229) is just a little tall for me, I'm sourcing a shock from the 200 as it's about an inch shorter and will work fine I believe.

I'm also thinking of getting a bigger front sprocket.. I have doe 300km on mine and it feels like it's bedded in nicely. I gave it a good twist the other night and it got to 65mph (on the clock) LOL.. I ran out of gas too.. I was in the middle on nowhere on dirt roads I had never been on before and it got me home, although I was having anxiety attacks because I didn't know how long reserve was going to last. I "guessed" (conservative) the bike does 60mpg so the 1 liter should have got me 15 miles.. this is all through liters and kilometers and conversions.. so it was a bit sketchy.. but I got home and I did 13.6 miles (22 kilometers)

I think the tank is pressurized, and I filled it too full. The gas was pumped out through the vent. My theory anyway. I have always had screw on caps with breather pipes before, so this seems odd form the get go.

I'm pretty happy with it all in all.. I know corners have been cut, I'm not so stupid that I expected real quality lol, but it is sufficient to do the job. So far so good anyway. I hope to see further posts from you, whatever you choose.
1995 Harley Davidson Chopper build from ground up.
1983 Yamaha XJ900 REBUILT!
1971 Triumph Daytona 500 - Restored
1987 Yamaha FJ1200

Old 08-19-2015, 11:19 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dossbag View Post
I looked at that place.. I got mine from HERE The shipping was free.. But the bike was more expensive LOL..I shopped around and all in all their price was best. I guess you will always get hit for shipping where you are. I'm only 5'6" and the 250 (229) is just a little tall for me, I'm sourcing a shock from the 200 as it's about an inch shorter and will work fine I believe.

I'm also thinking of getting a bigger front sprocket.. I have doe 300km on mine and it feels like it's bedded in nicely. I gave it a good twist the other night and it got to 65mph (on the clock) LOL.. I ran out of gas too.. I was in the middle on nowhere on dirt roads I had never been on before and it got me home, although I was having anxiety attacks because I didn't know how long reserve was going to last. I "guessed" (conservative) the bike does 60mpg so the 1 liter should have got me 15 miles.. this is all through liters and kilometers and conversions.. so it was a bit sketchy.. but I got home and I did 13.6 miles (22 kilometers)

I think the tank is pressurized, and I filled it too full. The gas was pumped out through the vent. My theory anyway. I have always had screw on caps with breather pipes before, so this seems odd form the get go.

I'm pretty happy with it all in all.. I know corners have been cut, I'm not so stupid that I expected real quality lol, but it is sufficient to do the job. So far so good anyway. I hope to see further posts from you, whatever you choose.

Any updates on this bike? I'm looking at one right now.....

Tags
250cc, dirt, dual, roketa, sport