Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #1

UPDATED!! NO MORE ISSUE'S, JUST PROJECT THREAD

on my bike(sinnis apache, qingqi, pulse adrenaline) i have got a dep pipe exactly the same as this one,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DEP-Pipe-Silen...item56360f6847

with it being a 2 stroke can will it effect anything as the bore is the same as the downpipe on my bike,

my next thing is, theres a slight leak coming from the top of the engine i think its betweent he rocker cover and cylnder head or next one down, what could this be? and my engines making quite a loud "tingy" noise, im yet to adjust my valves but could this be due to the oil leak,

my last thing is, my left fork leg is leaking oil from the seal of the stanchion and fork leg , has any one got a tutorial on how to replace the seals, thanks

Old 06-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #2

The Qingqi motorcycles that are sold in the USA are all sold through a company called QLINK.
They are all 2008-2010 and all were sold with 48 months of warranty, considered one of if not the best warranty in the motorcycle industry, not the best warranty on a Chinese product but the best warranty in the entire industry.

The models sold in the USA are all 200cc and share a lot with the Suzuki DR200.

The Qlink products have full documentation on them, they all come with a parts books and owners manuals, they all have technical service manuals all of the motorcycles are sold through authorized dealer or with assigned authorized service centers and those service centers/dealers also have access online to full repair documentation details and specifications.

That model, that design is not exclusive to Qingqi it is also manufactured by a Chinese manufacturer by the name Pioneer Motorcycles. Those motorcycles are not sold in the US and neither are any of the Qingqi 125cc versions only the 200cc versions are sold in the USA. However in the European market they are and under a variety of names and though a multiplicity of distribution channels.

Is yours a Pioneer product or a Qingqi, that be the first order, then see from that if a service manual and parts list is available. I bought a Qinggi and did so because it came with documentation and a warranty and a real actual dealer that can support that. Then In the event those that sold the bike met a demise and or the service center meet a demise….I also have a service manual for the bike. It is not exactly a Suzuki DR200 but it is very close and having all these things going make it relatively easy to service. Having the warranty makes it also free to repair as long as its kept stock and serviced according to the condition of the warranty.

I do not think the documentation is exclusive to Qlink products, it may be coming direct from Qingqi. I have no idea about the Pioneer motorcycles. So any distributors that is offering Qingqi should also be offering full documentation as well and the motorcycles that are coming out of Qingqi have their own 24 month warranty as well.

The brand names are for the most part decals, it’s the Vehicle identification that defines it, the stampings on the frame and engine. Those should lead to full documentation if your dealing with those that subscribe to the practice of due diligence? If not then thats on you and a matter of research before the fact rather than after the fact.

The primary source is the manufacturer and if it’s a qingqi documention exists the products are of high standard and so are the business practices. If its distributed by those that disconnect from that and take you with that disconnection that’s a shame. If you do not get the warranty from the factory then or the documentation, that just means somebody got that extra costs in their profit line and the consumer got the stick.

I would be careful buying used…to many idiots redline on the first ride. Doing that increases the probability of component failures through the remaining life of the product. I would be careful buying products that did not come with documentation because then the owners initial actions were all based on a guess or best guess and most often those guesses are wrong.

Be careful applying what is random to that of something occurring in general, some issues are anomalies and often related to human actions or inactions. If you bought a used bike that was beat to death by and idiot with no common sense it does not demonstrate much beyond that, none say I beat the crap out of it and now I am trying to get ride of it, they all say something more on the lines of a complete lie. Like I have no time to ride it or I am strapped for cash?

Before you buy it do the research not after you already own it.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #3

Re: exhaust and a few other issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennell
on my bike(sinnis apache, qingqi, pulse adrenaline) i have got a dep pipe exactly the same as this one,

with it being a 2 stroke can will it effect anything as the bore is the same as the downpipe on my bike,

my next thing is, theres a slight leak coming from the top of the engine i think its betweent he rocker cover and cylnder head or next one down, what could this be? and my engines making quite a loud "tingy" noise, im yet to adjust my valves but could this be due to the oil leak,

my last thing is, my left fork leg is leaking oil from the seal of the stanchion and fork leg , has any one got a tutorial on how to replace the seals, thanks
Is your bike the 125 cc version? Some pictures of the bike and the oil leak would be handy in diagnosing the problems. As far as the two stroke silencer, it should be fine if your just using the silencer... Spud has been running a two stroke silencer on his Zong for quite some time and he has had no problems with it that I know of.

The forks are the upside down type? I haven't had a set of those apart but I would imagine that they would be like conventional forks... Just inverted . If so, google and youtube have many tutorials on replacing the seals on forks.

I wish you all the best with it and am sure that you will get some helpful advice on repairs and upgrades .

Old 06-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Quote:

Is your bike the 125 cc version? Some pictures of the bike and the oil leak would be handy in diagnosing the problems. As far as the two stroke silencer, it should be fine if your just using the silencer... Spud has been running a two stroke silencer on his Zong for quite some time and he has had no problems with it that I know of.

The forks are the upside down type? I haven't had a set of those apart but I would imagine that they would be like conventional forks... Just inverted . If so, google and youtube have many tutorials on replacing the seals on forks.

I wish you all the best with it and am sure that you will get some helpful advice on repairs and upgrades .
yes pal its the 125 verison, ill get some pictures up on monday for you, at the mo im trying to source a gasket for that particular part and as a temperary im using a liquid gasket on the outside which is oil/heat/water resistant intill i get a replacement, the exhaust sounds really nice so ill keep it on if its not going to be an issue,

the forks are the usd ones, im hoping they wont be much different to pit bike usd forks as i know how to change them, ill keep you posted

thanks...joe

Old 06-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Quote:

yes pal its the 125 verison, ill get some pictures up on monday for you, at the mo im trying to source a gasket for that particular part and as a temperary im using a liquid gasket on the outside which is oil/heat/water resistant intill i get a replacement, the exhaust sounds really nice so ill keep it on if its not going to be an issue,

the forks are the usd ones, im hoping they wont be much different to pit bike usd forks as i know how to change them, ill keep you posted

thanks...joe
Ahh, I googled it and I think I know what it looks like... Cool bike! The oil leak is more than likely a rocker cover, a new gasket will probably do the trick. Exhaust will be fine, as I said Spud and a few others on this site use the FMF 2 stroke silencers on their 200cc Zongshen Sierras (4 stroke bikes as well) and they all swear by em . As far as the forks go, another thing to try might be the seal mate: http://www.sealmate.net/instructions.html I've heard that you can do the same thing with a piece of 35mm film, but figured the instructions were easier than trying to explain it :wink:
Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Stew

Old 06-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #6

cheers mate, ive found those on the uk ebay site so will give it a go, i cant find new seals anywhere, ive found a new headgasket which im presuming will be the coulprit if not ill have to stick to this liquid gasket, my bikes having an overhaul on monday as ive only had it 2days so im geting it the way i want it not a bad bike for £500 tax and mot'd has 7500 miles on clock and generally its in good shape, pics will be up on monday, love a good project

Old 06-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #7

I am not sure I would take a guess that the engine is the same as the engine in a DRZ125?

http://www.mawonline.com/google/P09340074.HTM

Old 06-19-2010, 10:52 PM   #8

I would also guess that it shares 90% of it components with a Qlink and they sell a service manual that has a complete breakdown of the forks and all the parts are sold online.

http://www.qlinkmotor.net/product.php?id=68

If your VIN number begins with LAE then its a Qingqi or a Pioneer manufactured bike, the difference is the eleventh character if "B" its made at Jinan Qingqi, if "G" it manufactured by Shandong Pioneer.

ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/ORG672.pdf

They are not exactly the same, both are using suzuki technolgy but certain parts may be different, like the forks, hubs, brakes....

Old 06-20-2010, 01:00 AM   #9

I don't have anything to add but just wanted to say that was a darn thorough and thoughtful response from Oengus

Old 06-20-2010, 01:31 AM   #10

Quote:

with it being a 2 stroke can will it effect anything as the bore is the same as the downpipe on my bike...
Your 2-stroke, DEP silencer should work well for your 125cc engine. The main difference between 2-stroke, and 4-stroke silencers is the packing material. 2-stroke packing material is not designed to handle as much heat as 4-stroke packing material; however, since you have a 125cc engine, your exhaust is much cooler than the exhaust from a larger engine. If you wish to learn more about silencer packing material, you might enjoy reading the following thread.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=9937
Quote:
...my engines making quite a loud "tingy" noise, im yet to adjust my valves but could this be due to the oil leak...
I encourage you to check your valve clearances as soon as possible.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-20-2010, 07:51 AM   #11

thanks for your reply's guy's, i will be re packing the exhaust and cleaning it up as its not in the most perfect condition but ill have a look on that link and read up about it and i will most definetly be adjusting my vavles but there hard to get at,

@ Oengus, my bike and engine look exactly the same as the bike in the link (http://www.qlinkmotor.net/product.php?id=68 ) , mines a Qingqi qm125gy-2b but on my engine it says sinnis ? ill get the vin number for you asap and maybe you can help me point out exactly what manual i shal get etc

my oil leak is definetly coming from between the rocker cover and the cylender head, its only tiny but its there so its an issue, the window on the r/h case to represent oil level isnt showing anything? i cant see any oil in the window at all so thats worrying me a bit but i cant find the sump plug to drop the oil out, theres a few bolts under the engine and i dont want to loosen the wrong one so if any one could shed some light on that, that would be great thanks again

Old 06-20-2010, 12:14 PM   #12

Is the bike upright when looking in the site glass?
Why are you running it if it has no oil or you cannot see the oil?

You do not need to send a VIN number here….I would contact Qlink in Hungry and get the manuals.
The product is fully documented why guess?

If your going to use the bike as a project to learn about and develop some mechanical knowledge…get the instructions first!

I think the name of that bike is weird it literally mean a Chinese-ish Native American, Sino is a word that refers to a Chinese origin adding “is” would it be a double entendra like irregardless, actually compounding the meaning, if its Sino its from china…so what is Sinnis then...Chinese-ish

One bolt is the oil drain plug, the other is in a plate with three bolts surrounding it, that’s the oil pump. Behind that is a screen that and it has a gasket and an o ring. I believe the 125 and 200 are the same…but if you had a service manual then you would not have to guess.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #13

As far as the oil check window is concerned, as onegus stated, the bike has to be upright (balance it with one hand on the bar and the other on the cargo rack) so that it is vertical. If it's on the sidestand it won't show any oil. These 200's only hold about a liter of oil. As far as locating the drain plug, it's usually the largest bolt on the bottom of the sump. It would probably be helpful to get a bike savvy friend to show you where it is for starters. Be sure to use a torque wrench when reinstalling bolts and such, very easy to strip threads and costly to repair.

Cheers,
Stew

Old 06-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #14

i didnt notice the oil window problem untill i got back for a small test ride but it was on the stand so thats why i probibly couldnt see it, im looking for a service manual so from what you mention before about the vin number , mine DOES begin with LAE and the eleventh caracter is B so ill look for a service manual from jinan qingqi,

thanks for the very useful info

Old 06-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #15

Yup, the sight glasses are all designed to be viewed with the bike vertical. The angle of it being on the sidestand will show it as empty. Cool looking bike from the pics I've found