Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #31

Your bike looks great; you have done a lot of nice work! I think you did an especially nice job with the rim tape. Once again, thank you for posting the great photos, and thank you for providing the list of parts, & vendors!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #32

hello again, for the few of you that have followed this thread up to now, youll be please to know ive got a few mre update's, yisterday i baught some ktm hoses for the carb sai and air box, to follow my colour ive got them in a nice bright orange

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

also got myself some new oil (shell advance vsx 10w40)

and a hiflow-hf 131 oil filter for the dr125's etc,

also after also or reading, researching and measureing, i found myself some new sprocket's (japaniese) rear sprocket from the Suzuki TS 125 428 pitch 47teeth as opposed to my current undergeared 51 tooth,

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/Suzuki/T..._Less_3_Teeth/

some japanises sprocket bolts so no more sheering

http://www.cmsnl.com/products/bolt_0910008094/

and a good old english made drive sprocket @16 teeth over my 15tooth

http://www.chinesemotorcyclepartsonl...XF125GY-2B.php

i road my bike hard today to test its limits and see how she copped and im amazed by the results, even with the 15-51 gearing i got 55mph then i had to back off the throttle because of a hard turn, i could of easily got 60 with a few more meters of road, so i think changing to 16-47 will get me to 65 even 70 with my correctly jetted carb and my dep pipe, it seems that my first gear is utter useless and the power seems to be in the 4th gear which i think it due to the gearing, i can easily pull out of a corner in 4th and pick up speed quick enough but i know i should be doing that in 2nd or 3rd, i also tested the brakes and maneuverability, front brake is very very good, but sadly my rear drum brake does nothing, wont even stop me @20mph just slightly slows me down so ill be getting new brake shoes soon, the steering and maneuverability is beautiful, i can get my need down and take corners confidently at speeds, this is probibly helped by good quality tyres ( vee rubber f + cougar r) sadly my fork is still leaking and im waiting on a new seal so for the time being ive made a home-made gater so the oil doesnt get onto my pads and cause a accident, im rambling on now but ill keep you updated with pictures and essays , cheers guys

Old 06-28-2010, 12:24 AM   #33

I never thought of orange fuel hose. 8)

I hope that the Japanese sprocket bolts do the trick. I pulled some off of a TW200 that were all bent.

Looking forward to your reports after the new sprockets.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #34

Another update for your guys, fitted the hf131 oil filter and changed my old black oil for some fresh shell vsx s/s oil, my old oil filter was black and clogged with crap, definetly hasnt been changed before, while i was self serviceing i stuck my ktm fuel line and hoses, all lines were perfect fit except the engine breather which has a drastic bend around 2cm down the line so ill have to make the bend in the ktm line before i install, i also had some 8mm tubing left over so i slipped the rest over my ht cable which looks pritty good

pics below and i hope you like

Old 06-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #35

bike looks good that rim tape makes a good addition like pin stripping.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:11 PM   #36

For the non-UK folks, HT cable = spark plug wire.

That orange hose looks really good.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind

cheers guys, ill keep you updated each mod i doo, i keep forgetting im not on a uk based forum, ill have to keep it in mind, next mods are, 16t front sprocket 47 or 49t rear sprocket with jap bolts , im having my wheels serviced soon, changing my drum brake shoes asap as there completely worn out, and ill be geting some ktm orange spray paint and spraying some parts orange,

watch the space below, thanks guys

Old 07-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennell
Quote:

cheers guys, ill keep you updated each mod i doo, i keep forgetting im not on a uk based forum, ill have to keep it in mind, next mods are, 16t front sprocket 47 or 49t rear sprocket with jap bolts , im having my wheels serviced soon, changing my drum brake shoes asap as there completely worn out, and ill be geting some ktm orange spray paint and spraying some parts orange,

I like the fact that we have people from all over the place.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #39

I agree, I often forget that we have people from all over too. I don't notice any different accent when I'm reading their posts. (bad joke sorry)

Old 07-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #40

Bike looks good. I love these Q's.

Also my favorite TV show is on HDTV is a British show called Wheeler Dealers. It's about 2 guys who buy beat up contemperary classics restore and sell them for a small profit, which is one of my hobbies too .

Ive learned all sorts of cool British phrases like boot, wing, good nick, cracking, motor, bonnet, MOT, box (muffler), card (door panel). Lots of fun!

Old 07-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal25
Quote:
Quote:

I like the fact that we have people from all over the place.
X2! We especially enjoy seeing photos of the bikes in their native habitats.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #42

admittidy lol the scenery is very..........crap, i dont trust myself taking my camera out with me , when ive got the gearing sorted out im going up in the hills and hitting some dust so ill get some half decent pics then

thanks guys

p.s im in need of a diagram to change my piston, ive got the portugese manual which is next to useless without taking a degree in language so i just need a step by step diagram or something

Old 07-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #43

Quote:
admittidy lol the scenery is very..........crap, i dont trust myself taking my camera out with me , when ive got the gearing sorted out im going up in the hills and hitting some dust so ill get some half decent pics then

thanks guys

p.s im in need of a diagram to change my piston, ive got the portugese manual which is next to useless without taking a degree in language so i just need a step by step diagram or something
There is, I believe, a downloadable English shop manual on the website.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #44

I may eventually customize my XP200.…so I have been doing some research….its what I do.

I pointed out that Pioneer manufactures that same model bike and they also sell spares and there are lots of items on this site.

http://shop36139024.taobao.com/?page...rowseType=null

It’s a Chinese auction site that sell spares for the bike, if you have a friend(s) in china you can access it.

I particularly like this round headlight they have on this bike.

I also like the side fairing on the Pioneer bike.

The bike looks good minus the fairing, I will eventually remove it from mine I will take off the tank and have a shop grind off the brackets and repaint it. I would like mine to look like this bike, but with a round headlight and the rounded gauges they are using on the Qinggi sport version.

Flat black on some parts and then pure white on the tank. But I really want 18" street tires front and back and that would be trick to get that and ballance the rake of the bike and not making it just way to tall to sit on. Maybe 17*18? But I want street tires and think the 17" front leaves too much space. I would indeally like 18-18 front and back and a different front fender. The seat reupholstered to solid or replaced.

For now it stays 100% stock. Until things begin to wear out and need to be replaced then it will all change...to what I really want it to look like.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #45

nice ideas Oengus, i really like the idea of taking off the front tank fairing and grinding off the tab's i might try it but keep the tabs on incase i dont like it, i personally think the stock headlight unit on my bike is very nice and suits it well, maybe you could try the same style headlight unit or a single round unit like on the sports version without the shroud, when i need to change my tyres im going to try the low profile look like they do on honda450 sm, itll give the bike more clearence between the tyre and fender front and back making it look taller but i wouldnt mind having 18" to have the extra ground clearence , i need my seat reupholstered as it looks tacky and too bulky,

today i met a friend that is a owner of a suzuki dr125sm, cut a long story , his bike topped out @70 stock with 16-50 gearing mines topping out at 60 with 15-51, handling well... i prefered my bike, could be due to the fact im accustomed to my bike but it just felt more monuverable and sterdy and hes got better tyres on too, fuel consumption is pritty much the same except ive got more storeage for fuel, he has a progressive "smart" ecu where as mine is static and his is a jap bike, for £1500 i dont see where that money is put between the two bikes, i realise that his is jap and mines chinese and maybe i may have a few more snags down the road but i prefer the looks and most other things on my bike than the suzuki, maintained well and put money where needed and i think the life span of both bike will be equil. the only things i would like off his bike are the brakes and the fuel cap ill try and get some pics of both bikes together but hes in the army and rarely home

thanks guys