Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2019, 04:59 PM   #1

BLUE EAGLE BROZZ 250 VS Orion RXB-250L

Hey guys - decisions, decisions! Without having a chance to ride either one I can only go off of reviews and what you all say here. I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the BLUE EAGLE BROZZ 250 - $1649 and limited quantity for that price I would hate to miss that offer.

Someone suggested the Orion RXB-250L - this looks like a killer bike right off the gate. I plan on riding 80-90% trails and a little around town and in my backyard.

Just curious what you guys think and which way you would roll. Peace has a solid reputation and I'm not sure about Orion but the online reviews look good.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:27 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-NC View Post
Hey guys - decisions, decisions! Without having a chance to ride either one I can only go off of reviews and what you all say here. I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the BLUE EAGLE BROZZ 250 - $1649 and limited quantity for that price I would hate to miss that offer.

Someone suggested the Orion RXB-250L - this looks like a killer bike right off the gate. I plan on riding 80-90% trails and a little around town and in my backyard.

Just curious what you guys think and which way you would roll. Peace has a solid reputation and I'm not sure about Orion but the online reviews look good.
Hi Matt, I didn't even know what a RXB250L was so I really couldn't give you any honest opinions on it. I went to Orion website and looked it over and it looks to be a pretty impressive bike. 18hp Zongshen engine, I'd like to try that out myself. Lots of upgraded things on the bike but at a premium price I see, $1899 wouldn't be all too bad if it fits your needs better. With you riding mainly trails I would think the RXB with 21f 18r would suit you better, and a better selection of tires. It doesn't have a counter balanced engine for street riding but that doesn't seem to bother everyone and with you riding trails a lot it may not bother you either.
I wished I could give you my thoughts on the Brozz off road but unfortunately I haven't even hit the trails yet so I don't know how well it would be doing that. The Brozz does have 19f 17r tires, which will work off road but the 21f 18r is better suited for off road riding. It does pretty good on the street as you can read some of my threads about it if you choose to. Sorry wished I could help more but I don't think either one would be a bad choice. If money wasn't an issue I would lean more to the RXB for mostly trail riding.
Also it looks like for $1899 the RXB comes fully assembled and tested, the Brozz will come about 90 percent assembled but you will spend a few hours putting it all together, not a hard job if your handy with wrenches though.
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Last edited by herbie; 07-28-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:59 PM   #3

If i was a taller, now a short old dude, i would have an Orion! Someplace on this site, someone bought, but didnt give many reviews.i called orion a couple months ago, they were helpful and friendly.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 07-28-2019, 05:20 PM   #4

Thanks guys - I'm not sure if the counter balanced engine is a deal killer either way, I don't think I've ridden a bike that had it. It's been a very long time. I think I'm leaning towards the Orion RXB-250L.

Although the RPS Hawk EFI DLX 250cc Motorcycle looks very similar to the BLUE EAGLE BROZZ 250

Still for under 2k - great deal no matter which way you go.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:51 PM   #5

I would not hold my breath for the efi hawk. If I had to bet I would say it is not happening any time soon or if at all. Supposed to be out last September I believe and I have not seen or heard any updates on it. Thinking they ran into some issues importing or passing emissions. The suspected price was also pretty high for a hawk with efi and no other upgrades. Brozz or Orion would both be better options and cheaper than the unicorn hawk if they came out with the version they originally listed.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:19 AM   #6

Hmmmm, been thinking this afternoon.....if you were to do more off road riding....I would favor the Orion. The fellow here that bought an Orion, is TheGriz, you might check out some of his posts. I just read his last post, and I didn't see it earlier, but he was diagnosed with kidney cancer, so prayers for his recovery.

Then I think dingerjunkie bought the Orion, you might check out his info as well.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 07-29-2019, 01:44 AM   #7

I would go with the Brozz. Seems to have less hassles out of the box based on those who have posted their experiences with both brands. I am lumping all Bashan products together...Storm 250, Brozz, BMS CRP 250. They are all lumped together on the same EPA certificate, but sold via different distributors. No, they are not the same bike, but similar enough.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-29-2019, 04:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I would go with the Brozz. Seems to have less hassles out of the box based on those who have posted their experiences with both brands. I am lumping all Bashan products together...Storm 250, Brozz, BMS CRP 250. They are all lumped together on the same EPA certificate, but sold via different distributors. No, they are not the same bike, but similar enough.
Good advice culcune! The Brozz is a nice bike and I got it registered pretty easily in Illinois, not sure how the RXB would be to get it registered. Other things to consider I suppose.
1978 Kawasaki KL250

Old 07-29-2019, 11:12 AM   #9

registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
In Idaho is easy to get registered. also off road sticker is easy. I always forget other states have different regs to get registered....so that is a big factor for many folks.

Good point!!!!!

Old 07-29-2019, 11:24 AM   #10

I believe both bikes are EPA/DOT certified which in theory means both bikes should be good to go as far as registration in 49 states.

I forgot to mention there is a site for parts for the Brozz www.brozz250.com

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-29-2019, 12:58 PM   #11

Here In NC it shouldn't prob be an issue getting either registered.
Thank you guys for all your advice. Please keep them coming. I'm defiantly
leaning towards the RXB250L -

Old 07-29-2019, 03:34 PM   #12

Just my 2 cents. A bike that will spend 90% of its life off road will beneft from the larger wheels. The Orion bike has better suspension than the Brozz by a country mile ( fully adjustable fast ace front and rear, and the rear is a progressive link system with a much better swing arm), and it also has the newer OHC cb engine design with more power. To me, the RXB 250 is a better bike hands down, especially for off road riding.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-29-2019, 04:34 PM   #13

I would agree, I see the Brozz being better suited for mostly road, with a little off-road.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Just my 2 cents. A bike that will spend 90% of its life off road will beneft from the larger wheels. The Orion bike has better suspension than the Brozz by a country mile ( fully adjustable fast ace front and rear, and the rear is a progressive link system with a much better swing arm), and it also has the newer OHC cb engine design with more power. To me, the RXB 250 is a better bike hands down, especially for off road riding.
I don't know if you watched the Orion video on the bike or not but it had a nibbi carb on it. I'm thinking the video was of the dirt bike version of the RXB though.
1978 Kawasaki KL250

Old 07-30-2019, 09:42 AM   #15

I really appreciate everyone's input. I really leaning toward the RXB250L.

I'll prob. pull the trigger on the first and with my luck they will be out of stock! I'll keep

you guys updated. Great forum - thank you everyone.