Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2024, 06:44 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Try swimming ,it’s low impact for your chicken legs ,your Dr. will be fine with it .
I agree but no Park District in town, so no public pool. No beaches, either, unless I go into Chicago to the shores of Boul Mich, then I have to share with 8 million other people.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 05-07-2024, 11:05 AM   #92

I got the okay to start riding a minimum of 3 wheels yesterday. Bicycles and Honda are still at least a week out. Driving a vehicle with a foot operated clutch is at my own discretion. I'll see if that works later today.

Yesterday, I had Stephanie the Amazon for a therapist instead of Jared the Timid. She managed to find an exercise I had trouble doing. I can walk up steps like a normal person, albeit, slowly. Down, not so well. I lead with my left foot and follow with my right, only one step riser at a time. She had me change that up and lead with my right. JHC, that hurt. Felt like someone was hacking at my Achilles tendon with a dull axe. She had me lie down, face first, on the table and went nutso on my left ankle, twisting and bending it like it had never been broken. She said she'd seen looser strings on a guitar. It was painful, then suddenly not. Maybe endorphins kicked in. I was still walking with a limp when I left, but less so.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 05-10-2024, 01:04 PM   #93

Jeep attempt day. it went well-ish. My ankle is a bit bitchy but that may be more from my boot and the ungodly tight Achilles tendon than the clutch. Drove about twenty miles.

Kind of disappointed in new Jeep owners. A half dozen Jeeps passed in the opposite direction and nary a one returned my Jeep Wave. Sad.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-10-2024, 03:00 PM   #94

If you give them the Universal Scooter Tramp "Hey! You're Number 1 !" wave, I'm pretty sure you'll get their attention...

Just sayin'

I learned it a long time ago from a guy named Billy

Old 05-10-2024, 03:57 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Jeep attempt day. it went well-ish. My ankle is a bit bitchy but that may be more from my boot and the ungodly tight Achilles tendon than the clutch. Drove about twenty miles.

Kind of disappointed in new Jeep owners. A half dozen Jeeps passed in the opposite direction and nary a one returned my Jeep Wave. Sad.
I have really noticed the Jeep wave going to shit lately myself .I am astounded at the number of Jeep minivans (4 door wranglers) on the road lately ,and a lot of them are clearly not jeepers as no acknowledgement from them ,I think our Jeeps are just another family car that looks cool .Used to be we see 2 or three jeeps in an entire day ,now I see 4 in the first 5 minutes of my travels .
Have you been ducked yet ? I was parked in a parking lot ,and came back to 3 small rubber ducks on my hood ,I gave them to a little kid coming out of a stroller a few cars over ,and later found out it’s another Jeepthing and we are supposed to collect them .I don’t care about my Jeep ,it’s a work tool/toy at this point ,but in the past I have built some magazine quality pretty jeeps ,dropping plastic shit on a $10;000.00 paint job would probably not end well for you .Give the toys to the kids please !
I also refuse to wave to the Cherokee’s ,grand’s ,patriots etc,unless they are modded ,they are owned by people who don’t have a clue what a Jeep is capable of (even theirs in many cases ) ,or the brotherhood involved .
Anyways Cheesy ,of course your rusty ,crappy ,worn out ,no good Jeep is still welcome to join my stable anytime ,since nobody waves at you anymore perhaps that should happen sooner than later !

Old 05-10-2024, 04:46 PM   #96

I still have a hard time with power windows in a Jeep.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800