Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #1

baja x250 replacement

Hello. i jus got a baja x250 from a friend who wrecked it. so i cleaned the whole motor/ carb. front brake carrier is missing, rear brake master cylinder leaking, so basically no breaks. put a harly muffler on it (sounds nice ) n replaced all of the nuts and bolts on the bike. i'm use to riding hondas so i had to see wut abuse this bike can take. after a hour of riding i noticed the motor was extremely hot, taped into the head and put a big oil cooler, took it out again and managed to pop the rear tube. fixed it setup the carb, stiffened the rear shock, hit jumps, trails, mud bogging, river riding and the bike held up allot better than i thought it would ( of course had minor problems). bike has tons of torque. best noticed out of 1st.

my problem is after pulling some hard wheelies my rear hub literally shattered on the sprocket side(finally). took some hard abuse. i was wondering if there is any name brand bikes that i can take the hub and (or anything else) brakes from. i know if i get another stock 1 the same is gonna happen. ill mod/ adapt anything to fit.

any reply on any parts/ suggestions would help
thanks

Old 06-21-2008, 09:16 PM   #2

You are not the first.

Look a a couple of threads down. Another member just had his repaired and strengthened.

Allen