Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2022, 07:46 PM   #1

Sym Wolf Classic 150: That is so fetch!

"Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen! It's not going to happen!"

I realize no one else on this planet has one, much less admits its, and especially in just now buying one. But hello... I'm that guy. I stumbled into one.

No intention of owning it long term. Need to spiff this thing up, I have a friend who needs some reliable wheels.

On the odd chance anyone has owned one of these - or a CB/CG125 - I'll take all the input you can give. My daily driver is a Triumph T100. My actual winter project is a CB350. Did not have this on my horizon.

Have end mirrors on the way [these]. Have some steel wool around here #0000 to start in on the chrome bits this weekend. The seat? Needs to go. I need a utility solution; can't be all cafe. I'm going to need to come up with some kind of saddle bags kind of something (city life).

Needs a tail tidy. Needs better signals - small, black, relocated. But needs a carb tune, need wires tidied, needs all the little things looked at that owners should have over the years, too. (argh) Probably the only thing the previous only did do was pay someone to replace the front sprocket (17 tooth).

How 'bout that sexy battery mess, huh?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo Oct 12 2022, 5 06 45 PM.jpg (184.4 KB, 174 views)

Old 10-14-2022, 07:04 AM   #2

I like it just as it is, but to each his own
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 10-14-2022, 01:05 PM   #3

The seat is killing me. Killing me, Smalls, killing me. There's some damage down at the base of the tank, down there it meets the seat - and I am pretty sure neither at actually connected correctly - so I may look at pulling the tank and seeing about having a buddy trick out the tank. I'm not all that wild about the shape of the tank - it is a nice size, at 3.3 gallons. If I could find something else that size or bigger, in a classic shape... I'd pull the trigger. That whole mid section around the battery... needs help. The tail, with the lights, needs something better - I don't think Honda ever got it right, and here, it's just not looking right (and for as much rain as we get here... brighter would be better).

Old 10-14-2022, 08:44 PM   #4

Do it or don't do it, all you have is an A to B bike. Put it to running properly and ride it until the wheels fall off.

The only thing it definitely needs is a rack and a plastic milk crate.

Old 10-15-2022, 11:31 AM   #5

“It’s really fickle about starting”

The seller has this little ritual about getting the bike to start. It seemed to involve hopes and prayers. Hit starter, hope, pray. Hit starter, hope, pray. Maybe a sputter. At some point, some sputter sputter sputter and… no. It would eventually crawl out of what seemed to be death to a slow purr.

But then, when I had broken out a multimeter, the seller had reacted like I was from the future, me with my fancy space tools.

My solution?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 67021EB4-7F39-4826-B1AB-8485C7E6D717.jpeg (177.5 KB, 129 views)

Old 10-15-2022, 11:54 AM   #6

I'm ready to see SYM build a Super Wolf 450.
Maybe they feel like the Genuine G400C already filled that slot.

Old 10-15-2022, 12:01 PM   #7

I would be OK with a 350 or a 450. Either one would make a hell of a scrambler build.

Old 11-08-2022, 09:23 AM   #8

So… that didn’t last very long…

Veni, vidi, vici: I came, I saw, I conquered.
The little 150 has moved along to a new owner, although not far and not really out of my life. And I can’t even really say I sold it, as in the end, I just… signed the title over. They needed it, so there you have it. There will be enough expenses in getting it registered, insurance etc, and I basically fleeced the guy when I bought it, so…
Status of the bike is, up and running fairly well. Starting it still sucks. Carb needs to be cleaned, it sure seems. I had hoped that better adjusting it would help but… that doesn’t seem to be enough to really make the difference. I am guessing previous owner(s) weren’t doing her right with gas.
Rounded up all of the missing parts I could - covers, bulbs, etc. addressed electrical, etc. Even rounded up some extra tires. Wired in trickle charger. Have stuff coming in to wire in some X-Arc signals I have had laying around - reduce electrical load as a start, before the new owner has a chance to sort out replacing the battery with something better.
I ginned up something to secure the gas tank to the frame. No
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 152ADC63-6DFD-4AE7-B266-061599E174DC.jpeg (71.2 KB, 82 views)