Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2022, 05:49 PM   #1

Tbr7 No Start (Ground Wire with no connection to blame?)

Hello, figured Id make a new thread since this seems like a pretty weird issue

Just got my TBR7 today from TXPS, and began assembling it

So far, it has gone pretty well, stuff is pretty self explanatory for the most part

I will be adjusting valves, and rejetting carb before I ride, as well as checking chain tension, and going over all bolts. The usual stuff

However, as I was wiring up my turn signals I figured id throw the battery in and see if my setup worked

battery goes in, hook it up, and wallah, I put the key in and dash board lights up

Neutral light is on, rear turn signals (and the corresponding beeping) work, horn works, dash backlight works, etc.

But the front turn signals wont flash like the rears, the drivers side will flash incredibly dimly, and passenger side wont flash at all. Both sides work perfectly on the rear.

That leads me to my starter switch, it is soft, no feedback or clicking in any direction. When I try to start bike, it wont click, turn over, no relays clicking, switch is still soft... the works

Then I find this green ground wire (right near the battery) that seemingly has no male counterpart... Just a green (I assume) ground wire, that I cannot find a connection to. K have a feeling a lot of my issues stem from this green wire. But it has hardly any slack, and doesnt have a connection near by it can go into.

So does anyone have any tips? Should I just scrape off some paint, and take the female connector off then ground the bare wire to the frame? Seems kinda ghetto to me too... But what other choices are there?

Thanks for any and all advice, I appreciate any help I can get

Tags
ground wire, no start, tbr7, turn signals