Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2018, 11:10 PM   #1

My experience with APSC

September 2017 - Applied for financing through Time Payment, the finance company linked on the ASPC website. Financing for the cost of the motorcycle was approved. Shortly thereafter, Time Payment calls to inquire about the purchase. When they confirm it was for a motorcycle, they state they do not finance vehicles for street use. The credit application is closed.

I then spoke to Don, who suggested I apply for financing using a different product, but make the purchase for the Bashan Enforcer. I do that, and the credit is approved. I then placed an order for the Bashan. Again, Time Payment calls to inquire, and states that they are unable to provide financing because off road vehicles in Florida require registration. I spoke to Don again, who looked into it. Florida does not require registration for off road vehicles, but permits must be purchased to use off road areas. After much discussion and waiting, it was determined that there was no way around it; Time Payment would not cooperate. Although the credit application was never canceled, ASPC canceled the order without discussing with me alternate payment methods.

December 13, 2017 - I sold my truck and have the cash to purchase the motorcycle. I emailed Don to inquire about delivery time and confirm they have what I want in stock. He responds that it will take about a day to process, then 3-5 days for shipping, and they have 11 units in stock. I immediately place the order for the Bashan Enforcer in blue. During the checkout process, it is stated that shipping will be calculated later.

Since it should only be a few days, I started using Uber to get to and from work at a cost of about $15 each way (plus the occasional tip).

December 20, 2017 - No notification of shipment and no shipping information has been provided. I called and spoke to Don. After looking into it, Don discovers that the shipping was never processed. He apologizes and the shipping is processed and paid for home delivery. He states that it will ship via SAIA, who are the least expensive and quickest at 3-5 days, as opposed to the other that are 5-7 days. He also tells me that it will take about a day or so to process, and that it might ship Friday, but the warehouses were closing at noon for the holiday weekend, so if it doesn't it will ship the following Tuesday after the holiday. He advises that a day before scheduled delivery, to contact the shipping carrier to arrange delivery instead of waiting for them to call.

December 27, 2017 - No notification of shipment and no shipping information has been provided. I called to speak to Don, but speak with Greg instead. Greg informs me that most of the warehouses, especially the west coast ones, are closed for the holidays until after the new year. He states there is someone working at the California warehouse and contacts him. He tells me that the order has shipped and is in transit; as soon as Greg gets the shipping info he'll email it to me. I never received an email from Greg.

Uber was getting too expensive so I starting paying a co-worker to pick me up and drop me off.

January 3, 2018 - I receive notification of shipment and the BOL. The BOL is from Central Transport. I start tracking the shipment which shows an estimated arrival date of January 10.

January 10, 2018 - I call Central Transport to arrange delivery, but am notified that the shipment is listed for will call, not delivery. I then call Don, but speak with Greg, who notifies me I am not scheduling delivery, that instead they are finding a local tow company to pick it up and deliver. He also states that an email was sent on January 4, which I never received (wasn't in spam folder either).

January 11, 2018 - I called on my lunch break and spoke to Greg about an update. He informs me that they have a towing company who will be picking it up and delivering that day. I told Greg that I wouldn't be able to accept delivery until after 2pm when I get off work. He states they will make sure to deliver after then. Greg calls me about 3:15pm and informs me that the towing company is at the service center picking it up, and will be calling me within the hour to arrange delivery. I didn't receive a call. I had taken the following day off work for assembly, so figured it might be delivered in the morning.

January 12, 2018 - By mid day I have received no word from the towing company, their driver nor APSC. I called APSC and notified Greg that I still didn't have my motorcycle. He asks if they called me, and I said no. He said he will look ito it and get back to me. Later in the afternoon, I haven't heard anything so I begin calling - once about every 15 or minutes until about 30 minutes before closing. There is no answer, so I leave a voicemail requesting a callback before closing.

January 13, 2018 - I haven't received any word from APSC or the towing company about getting my motorcycle. I emailed ASPC that simply states "Somebody needs to contact me regarding delivery of this shipment." Don responds several hours later explaining that they paid the tow company Thursday AM, and that the driver was there to pick it up, and until I called the day before they thought it had been delivered. He explains that he was in contact with the dispatcher, who was on the way to office to check what the driver logged. He says that she is supposed to call or text him, but advises that I call also. I tell him if I don't hear anything I will call.

January 15, 2018 - I still have no notification that my motorcycle will be delivered. I called the tow company - I got hung up on the first time, and left a voicemail the second. I then call APSC and speak with Greg. He tells me they are working on it. I told him I'll call back later if I don't hear from him. I call back later, and he informs me that the tow company should be picking it up and delivering it that afternoon. I advise him that it needs to be delivered that day, and that if the tow company can't get it done, to find someone else. Greg agrees and states that he has a 'Plan B' that he will start implementing. Later that afternoon, the tow company dispatcher sends a text to schedule delivery for the following morning. I respond that I had been waiting for it to be delivered that day. She states that she can get the night driver to do it; I tell her that the service center closed at 5. She then reaffirms delivery for the following morning. I let her know that I will be at work until mid afternoon. There was no answer the few times I called APSC.

January 16, 2018 - I contacted the tow company to arrange delivery. An approximate time was setup, and after a few phone calls the bike was delivered. The several calls I made to APSC went straight to voicemail. I didn't leave a message, but sent an email letting them know that the bike had been delivered.

January 17, 2018 - Don replies that the paperwork will be mailed the following day.

January 23, 2018 - The paperwork arrives, but all information except VIN# and my name/address is incorrect. I notify Don, who informs me that paperwork was meant for a customer who purchased an ATV elsewhere in Florida and that he will send correct paperwork the following day.

January 29, 2018 - Received paperwork with correct information.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:03 AM   #2

They were near perfect with customer service up until the 2016 holiday season. It might have been earlier in the year. But, again, they had customers raving about their service here on Chinariders a couple years ago. People were getting bikes left and right. Then, it seemed like they took a plunge. You at least got a bike...there were others who never got a bike because it seemed that there never was one, and then had to wait weeks for a refund. At least you eventually got one, but as you wrote, you were counting on the bike for your main mode of transportation, and had to cough up a lot of money for something you were expecting not to take so long.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-05-2018, 05:31 PM   #3

That's very true, and I articulated to them that it was costing a lot of money. I'm thankful that I finally got one, AND that it was what I ordered - I made sure it was in stock before I placed the order, but I started to wonder if I would ever get it. I'm loving it so far - wish I would have known about these bikes a few years ago.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:35 AM   #4

Iam looking for my first pit bike dies anyone suggest a safe website

Old 02-17-2018, 10:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway View Post
looking for my first pit bike . . safe website
Valley Scooters . . Birdy's

Variables include warehouse competence, and the risk of shipping damage.