Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2024, 10:26 PM   #1

Portugal Ride: Seeking Scenic Routes and China Bike Rentals

I am at the beginning of making plans for a motorcycle trip in Portugal next year, and I wish to rent a China bike when there. My specific interest is seeing the beaches and paths along the coast in Algarve area. I've read an article that Chinese motorcycles are entering the Portugal market https://macaonews.org/news/lusofonia...20this%20month

If anyone can recommend companies that offer rentals, especially those familiar with Chinese brands, I'd appreciate the referrals. And if renting a China bike isn't feasible, suggestions for good alternative rental options would be welcome too.

I'd also love to hear recommendations for lesser-known towns or scenic rides off the beaten path wherever they may be in Portugal. Looking forward to Feedback from others who've toured by motorcycle there before.

Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM   #2

Look for AJP Rentals, they are built in Portugal....I love mine
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #3

Thanks for the recommendation for AJP Rentals, @Huck369! I’m trying to find their website, but unable to. Would you mind sharing their site? I was initially looking for China bikes, but trying a locally-built bike seems ideal for getting the most out of touring around the country. Did you take your bike on any scenic coastal or inland rides that you'd especially recommend in the Algarve or elsewhere in Portugal? As this will be my first time touring Portugal, I was thinking of getting the services of a local guide that offers personalized tours like https://gowithguide.com/portugal/guides