Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2016, 07:29 PM   #1

Hawk clutch cable

Just wondering if anybody here knows off hand about cross capability for the Hawks' clutch cable. Today mine snapped at the ferrel and wanted to know if anyone knew of would that would work so I could either 1 or 2 day from amazon instead of waiting. Thats my main transpo so trying to get it fixed quickly.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymalmat View Post
Just wondering if anybody here knows off hand about cross capability for the Hawks' clutch cable. Today mine snapped at the ferrel and wanted to know if anyone knew of would that would work so I could either 1 or 2 day from amazon instead of waiting. Thats my main transpo so trying to get it fixed quickly.
Did the cable actually break, or did it just came out of the ferule on the handle-bar. If that's the problem, just re-solder it. Do not use acid core solder. If the cable is broken, you can try APSC @ 234 North Street, Adamsville, Tenn.,38310, fone 731-632 3222

Old 11-05-2016, 03:07 PM   #3

Now that you mention it, it does actually look like it just came out. Nice and clean at the end like it was cut. BUT the ferell must of felt like being solo because I dont have it. Lol Tried to ghetto rig something to make it work to get back home. Like bolt and nut type rig. No Luck. Had to clamp a Vise Grips to clutch lever down below and use the back of my ankle to clutch it. Was a lil tricky to get it down. Especially when also trying to use the rear break. That didnt work out well. But i did get it home.