Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2017, 10:03 PM   #46

I wouldn't necessarily blame the cashier check, jsumd. I paid by a card, and I had a 10 day lag time from submitting my order and actually receiving shipping information on my order (Paid on the 23rd and shipped on the 2nd). The only increase in delay is the time it took to send it to them.

Either way, it's completely unacceptable in this day and age to have this kind of lag between ordering and shipping. I would likely be more understanding of it, if they simply put on their site something to the effect of: "Due to our high volume if sales, orders may not ship for 5-7 business days". If they did something like that, at least there's transparency and you can make your decision as to what's more important, speed or price. I'd be willing to bet that their reviews would go up quite a bit just from something like that. But to blantantly say "Orders are shipped within 72 hours, typically in 24 hours" is a flat out lie, and that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

We'll soon see how bad the MCO process is, as I'm going to place the order for mine tomorrow (30 for notarized and 30 for express and another 30 for the daughters with out express), Hopefully I'm riding on the street before Christmas !

Old 03-09-2017, 10:08 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by phager76 View Post
I wouldn't necessarily blame the cashier check, jsumd. I paid by a card, and I had a 10 day lag time from submitting my order and actually receiving shipping information on my order (Paid on the 23rd and shipped on the 2nd). The only increase in delay is the time it took to send it to them.

Either way, it's completely unacceptable in this day and age to have this kind of lag between ordering and shipping. I would likely be more understanding of it, if they simply put on their site something to the effect of: "Due to our high volume if sales, orders may not ship for 5-7 business days". If they did something like that, at least there's transparency and you can make your decision as to what's more important, speed or price. I'd be willing to bet that their reviews would go up quite a bit just from something like that. But to blantantly say "Orders are shipped within 72 hours, typically in 24 hours" is a flat out lie, and that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

We'll soon see how bad the MCO process is, as I'm going to place the order for mine tomorrow (30 for notarized and 30 for express and another 30 for the daughters with out express), Hopefully I'm riding on the street before Christmas !
I agree! It's not even the time that bothers me most, it's the lack of communication and letting a customer know what is going on. I've been looking at a pending order status since the 1st. Hopefully something will happen tomorrow but I'm really not thinking it will.

Yeah, I wonder how much longer we will be waiting on those mco's. Thing is they are just street bikes and there's not much else to be done with them until they are received. Most likely looking at a month from time of order to getting it legal.
2022 Hawk 250
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1966 Benelli Fireball
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*

Old 03-09-2017, 10:43 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsumd View Post

Yeah, I wonder how much longer we will be waiting on those mco's. Thing is they are just street bikes and there's not much else to be done with them until they are received. Most likely looking at a month from time of order to getting it legal.
Yeah, ain't that the truth! I'm fortunate in that I live a bit out in the sticks, and there's a pretty good area I can put around on without much risk from police harassment. I'd like to commute on the Tao Tao occasionally, and I'm not making a 20 mile commute without plates! My regular commuter is a '16 Fiesta, so the fuel economy improvement is the big motivator, but it would be fun to show it off to my co-workers.

On a side note, my boss saw the video of Rhiannon on the coolster and wanted to know where I got it and how much it was. He's got 6 kids that are sharing an electric dirt bike and when he heard the price, he wanted to know more. I was really clear that the customer service there was piss poor, and order processing was really long. I also let him know that they do require a bit of mechanical aptitude (I do work for a computer firm after all). At least more people are joining the CB fold!

Old 03-10-2017, 07:06 AM   #49

A bit of a update on my end. The status of my order has changed to payment received on my account. It reads that payment is recieved and is being deposited and they are waiting for it to be cleared. This is marked as of today.

Here is the email I got back :

"Our accounting was on business trip and just came back
The MO was just deposited, now it is waiting for bank clearance
We will ship order earlier next week."

So, I guess they flat out lied to me about depositing my check 4 days ago. I gotta tell you guys, I'm pretty irritated about it. It's one thing to be vague and not helpful but I cannot stand lying. Especially when someone has over a grand of my money.

I'll be glad when this transaction is over.
2022 Hawk 250
1966 Benelli Fireball

Old 03-10-2017, 07:27 AM   #50

Can't Like that post This is really one of the worst companies I've had to deal with. Having worked in the retail world for the last 20 years (And glad to be on my way out of it) I'll accept a lot of things from retail sales, but the one thing I can not tolerate is being lied to.

I submitted my MCO request, and the order confirmation kind of sums up their attitude towards transactions: "Your request has been submitted successfully. Confirmation # is XXXXX. We will deal with it as soon as possible." Oh, I'm so sorry, you have to "Deal" with me

Old 03-10-2017, 07:40 AM   #51

That is the worst autopop message Ive ever heard. Sorry you took our money and have to deal with it. They just seem to have a "we will do it when we feel like it" attitude. Very poor way to do business. I wont use them again and if friends ask where to order one it wont be there.

Also I highly doubt it will ship next week. I fully expect this whole thing to take a month. From time the order was placed until I get my mco.
2022 Hawk 250
1966 Benelli Fireball

Old 03-10-2017, 08:32 AM   #52

I just don't understand the randomness of PowersportsMax. I ordered my Hawk from them and got it in about a week. That was back in November. My son just ordered a Hawk from them last week. He placed his order on a Monday and it was delivered on Friday of the same week! What is going on at that place?!

Old 03-10-2017, 12:04 PM   #53

Your experience with the Hawk, I am guessing, is that they drop-shipped them from RPS. I mentioned it in another post; there are quite a few Chinese bike companies headquartered in So. Cal., which is why there are 3 or 4 large mail-order companies based there. The TXPowersports companies controlled by 'Manny' (not to be confused with member Manny from New York ) are probably there because of the companies based out of Texas, or used to be based out of Texas (ie Taotao, RPS, etc).

They are mostly all run by Chinese people (wait, before you start yelling "racist") who travel often between the US and China. With low profit margins, their employee staff mostly consists of low-paid mechanical/warehouse people rather than. The few principal people are the ones traveling back and forth--the ones who are depositing money, sending out MCOs, communicating with customers, etc. If one principal person is gone, it seems like they don't get the things done that that person is supposed to do. Hence the piss-poor customer service that seems to pop up periodically/often-ish.

If not a lot needs to be done, and people are not in transit, it seems like an order can be streamlined through, as Sir Kayakalot just mentioned.

But, my friend Alan Tang from Excalibur (he is Chinese) can attest--a lot of the people in this industry don't really care. (Yes, he does care which is why I always steer people his way, but he doesn't have a flashy website)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-13-2017, 08:01 PM   #54

Quote:
That is the worst autopop message Ive ever heard. Sorry you took our money and have to deal with it. They just seem to have a "we will do it when we feel like it" attitude. Very poor way to do business. I wont use them again and if friends ask where to order one it wont be there.

Also I highly doubt it will ship next week. I fully expect this whole thing to take a month. From time the order was placed until I get my mco.
Any new updates on this, jsumd? I'm really hoping they get the bike to you soon.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:21 PM   #55

I havent heard anything from them since thursday night. Im giving them until Wednesday before I start calling.
2022 Hawk 250
1966 Benelli Fireball

Old 03-14-2017, 05:25 PM   #56

It looks like I'm going to be calling them tomorrow. I haven't heard anything today either. When someone tells me "Early next week" that means Monday or Tuesday.
2022 Hawk 250
1966 Benelli Fireball

Old 03-14-2017, 07:53 PM   #57

Quote:
It looks like I'm going to be calling them tomorrow. I haven't heard anything today either. When someone tells me "Early next week" that means Monday or Tuesday.
givem hell bro!

Old 03-15-2017, 07:42 AM   #58

My order was updated this morning to verified and it was sent to the warehouse. Good deal.
2022 Hawk 250
1966 Benelli Fireball

Old 03-15-2017, 12:15 PM   #59

Thumbs Up

Quote:
My order was updated this morning to verified and it was sent to the warehouse. Good deal.

Old 03-15-2017, 06:16 PM   #60

Good to hear, Jsumd! Keep in mind that mine showed sent to warehouse on 2/24 and actually arrived on 3/4 so I might still be a few days before it makes in on a truck.

I'm still waiting to hear anything on my documents, I'd expect to get a tracking number on the Tao Tao since I requested overnight. I'll be contacting them on Friday, since that'll mark a week since I ordered the docs and we'll go from there.