Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2022, 08:59 PM   #31

If you decided to use a carbureter, I guess the turbo would need to suck air through the carb, rather than blowair through it?

Old 04-06-2022, 03:01 AM   #32

I've seen both done, as to the pros and cons of each setup I'm going to have to do more studying to answer this or that. I'd really want the EcoTrons injection kit as it contains everything I'll be needing to source anyway like ECU, pump, throttle body etc in a package that's already made to work together but I don't know when I'll be able to afford it. Time will tell, this project sort of moves at it's own pace.

Oh and in case I didn't mention earlier I have a Ducati SS saddle coming in from Boonstra Parts, Netherlands. Expecting delivery either this week or next.
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 `07 Streetfighter-quad

Old 04-15-2022, 05:32 PM   #33

The seat arrived, it`s a bit tatty but that doesn`t matter since it wont fit straight up anyway so needs to be modified and reupholstered. This however gives me the opportunity to start designing and fabricating a new subframe. Oh and the clutch springs came too, according to the bag they turned out to be 15% stiffer than original not 10. So that`s all done and dusted now. I did however find a suspicious piece of plastic from the oil filter mesh screen cavity that I suspect to be the bottom end of the rear cam chain guide support blade but I cannot verify this til I can get the flywheel off, and of course it has an extremely odd external 30x1.5mm thread which no one has a puller for, I did order one but the company said they won`t receive it til sometime after Easter and then ship it to me so that can well take a couple weeks still, no matter not in a hurry.

My first fumbling steps in the world of TIG welding, gotta say turned out better than I expected. This is not only fun but IMO easier than MIG welding. Practice practice to get those instagram rainbow dimestacks...

Preliminary design for a new subframe, the rear of the tank and the front of the seat will go down a bit to meet the new frame rail to somewhat close that enormous gap that`s in there now (the front of the saddle is propped up against the tank RN not touching base)

Old 04-17-2022, 01:04 PM   #34

Ran out of time and steam at this point but did get a fair bit done this weekend, prob don't have time to continue tomorrow so next update might be a while.

Old 04-23-2022, 06:04 PM   #35

Had an idea for a paintjob for this bike but since I suck with photo editing softwares I had to recruit some outside help to get my vision "on paper" so to speak. The idea from day one has been like a slight tip of the brim towards the MV Agusta F series but with my own twist like a candy apple metallic red and a flakey silver.

After sth like three days of back and forth and about twenty or so iterations my vision slowly started to both emerge and bend to the shapes of the Ducati Supersport fairings.

Some final tweaking will likely happen when I`m actually doing it as this one will most likely be done with vinyl wrapping by yours truly to save on cost but this is about as close as the fairings will allow my initial plan.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:14 AM   #36

Bit of a good news bad news situation going on here. After a lot of peer pressure and general consensus on another forum that a V-twin engine would be better for the turbo and the Ducati vibes I finally caved in and started looking for one. After almost already buying a Hyosung GT I stumbled upon a 125 Yamaha Virago being parted out and immediately reserved the engine from that one. Problem is, it's three hours away, I can't go get it and the bugger weighs so much it'd have to be sent as pallet freight which is muchos dineros. We're currently working on a more wallet friendly option to get it here but if all goes well I'll be swapping to a 75° V-twin and gonna sell the CBR engine to offset the costs.